Obama and the Minister

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rubibond007, Mar 14, 2008.

1. I listened to much of the speech, and I agree with the commentator from Politico.com who said it was kind of a rorhsach test. If you already liked Obama, you thought it was great. If you didn't, you found it embarrasssingly lame.

Clearly it was staged to look presidential, with all the flags, blue background, etc. What I found odd was all his talk about failing schools,etc. Who runs those urban school systems? Certainly not the "enemy" Rev. Wright is so worked up about, eg rich white people. Those schools Obama practically accused whites of ruining or ignoring because of racism are run largely by blacks or liberal democrats. Name me a major urban school system not run by them, and of course their biggest supporters, the teachers' unions.

Similarly, I found his implicit equating of his grandmother, the racist who was "afraid" of black men on the street, and Wright to be very unappealing. Equating an elderly woman's fear of street crime with the raw hatred of whites and the US displayed by Wright and parlayed by him into a huge church filled with people who seemed to not only share but relish his hatred was tasteless.

I also resented Obama's implicit message, namely that whites somehow owe it to him to prove they aren't racist by voting for him. He's the one who has been misleading voters. Voters owe him nothing. The real obama is apparently not a post racial healing figure but a very typical minority politician who believes black anger is fully justified, that the main reason blacks are poor is white racism and that this country has a lengthy list of sins to answer for. He has plenty of lofty sounding phrases but nothing in the way of real solutions except more of the same failed liberal polciies, eg, more money, more government, more excuses.

#51     Mar 18, 2008
  2. Most people wouldn't attend a church where they had to cover the kids ears during much of the sermon. Clearly obama didn't have a problem with it until he was running for president and he saw it would alienate voters.

#52     Mar 18, 2008
  3. SteveD

SteveD

Has any white elected official of the Dem party stood up and defended him????

Anybody? Anybody? If he doesn't get that in the next day or two he is done.....

Bill Clinton is working the phones 24/7....Every white voter in the Dem party just realized that Obama is not electable.....

Hilary is not either, they just haven't realized it yet....LOL...

SteveD

PS: They are not snatching defeat from jaws of victory...neither one ever had a chance....conservatives vote....more of us than liberals...liberals don't vote as much....

#53     Mar 18, 2008
  4. The more Obama talks about race as not being a factor...the more it becomes a factor.

I have the same problem with Obama that I have with Ron Paul.

Both attract the extremes of their respective party.

Obama did not today act like a man who is leading in delegates...

Obama is best when he is not talking about black and white, but when he is talking about Americans with no vision that is black and white, but an American vision that is practical and beyond simply possible.

After nearly 8 years of the imbecile, bumbling, and English language butchering Bush, people are blinded by Obama's ability to command the English language, and they pay no attention to the practicality of what is actually necessary to be president.

The contrast between Obama's diction and Bush's marble mouth makes Obama appear more than he actually is...

The fact that Hillary suffers from that ugly Pollack sounding Chicago stilted dialect also helps Obama...

#54     Mar 18, 2008
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

I've had trading mentors who I admire but I don't accept everything they said as gospel. You really are stuck in a simplistic all-or-nothing mindset, aren't you?

And I don't have to excuse GWB, your side already has for (a) being a chickenhawk: skipping out of the Vietnam war which he fully approved of, (b) desertion in the military during the Vietnam War, (c) running three businesses into the ground, then claiming he's bringing "business expertise" to the White House, (d) being the guy in charge when 9/11 took place, completely ignoring for six months the recommendations of the bi-partisan Hart-Rudman Task Force on Homeland Security and even ignoring the August 2001 warning "Osama Bin Laden determined to strike in America", (e) completely dropping the ball on Katrina, (f) putting "free trade" above American workers and even a lot of American companies, (g) permanent tax cuts for the rich and permanent tax burdens for everybody else and their kids and grandkids.

GWB, Cheney et al have been great for themselves and their corporate cronies and toadies like you apparently, but they have been hell for America.

#55     Mar 18, 2008
  6. Gord

Gord

Nice dodge jumping on Bush and proving my point. So your trading mentors exposed your children to hate speech and racism? I grieve for your children...

#56     Mar 18, 2008
  7. maxpi

maxpi

All these candidates say they are christians but they are new world order minions. Jimmy Carter, Geo B, Obama... I love it how these Pastors can scream and yell their hate messages in a church too.... and how does John C. Hagee go from "God is Love" to Nuke Iran??? They all need to go back to their bible schools and demand their money back.

#57     Mar 18, 2008
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

What dodge? YOU brought up Bush. Now you want to make like you didn't. Typical.

I explained to you about the hate speech, so either you're claiming to be omniscient and you *know* whether Obama actually heard that speech and didn't deal with it appropriately with his kids, or you're once again full of it. Which is it?

#58     Mar 18, 2008
  9. Gord

Gord

I brought up Bush to bait you - and it worked wonderfully well... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Obama originally denied ever hearing or knowing of Wright's hate speech and racism. Today he admitted he had. He is a liar. He supports and fellowships with a church full of racists and America bashers who cheer pastor Wright's garbage. And he deliberately exposed his children to this same hate and racism.

Obama is obviously a racist and hate-America basher, otherwise he would have left that church.

#59     Mar 18, 2008
  10. SteveD

SteveD

Hey Moonbeam,

Obama has been going to the church for 20 years!!!!!!!

This is not the Rev's first racist hate speech.......just never been caught by "whitey" before.....

By the way....the DNC prints up those talking points about GWB and hands them out to their little Facists zombies as they know they will repeat them over and over....saying it out loud does not make it true, LOL

SteveD

#60     Mar 18, 2008