Obama and the Minister

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rubibond007, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Only a jackass would vote for this clown

#21     Mar 16, 2008
  2. saxon

saxon

A reasonable point. Perhaps the best way to get an indepth look at Obama's thinking is to read his books. I am currently reading "The Audacity of Hope". So far I see a person who is mostly guileless, decidedly idealistic, and committed to the Democratic party. Beyond that...there's "the vision thing." :)

#22     Mar 16, 2008
  3. Retired

Retired

Obama is doomed. He is a bit too radical for this nation.

He probably could have won during the 70s.

#23     Mar 18, 2008
  4. client#9

client#9

He's supposed to bring racial healing.

Did he bring healing to the people and organizations he has been a part of for the past twenty years?

#24     Mar 18, 2008
  5. Pondracer

Pondracer Guest

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1723302,00.html?xid=feed-cnn-topics&iref=werecommend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWe7wTVbLUU

Obama's Bold Gamble on Race

“Politicians don't give speeches like the one Barack Obama delivered this morning at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. Certainly presidential candidates facing the biggest crisis of their campaigns don't…. Obama's speech was profound, one of the most remarkable by a major public figure in decades. One question — perhaps the question —is whether its sheer audacity makes for good political strategy.

Obama is taking a substantial risk. He is counting on voters to hear and accept nuance in an arena that almost always seems to reward simplicity over complexity. He is asking something from Americans rather than just promising things to them — another formulation long out of vogue.”

#25     Mar 18, 2008
  6. I'm not a democrat, but I gotta hand it to Mr. Obama. That was a hell of a speech - potentially historic.

#26     Mar 18, 2008
  7. I want whomever wrote that speech working for me.

Of course I'm saying nothing about the candidate...but the speech was fantastic.)

#27     Mar 18, 2008
  8. Obama listens, but how much does he accept. Obama seems to be a very sophisticated individual capable of making his own judgements. I wasn't much of an Obama fan before today but after hearing his speech addressing the uproar about his pastor I'm convinced this guy is far and away the most intelligent candidate for president the U.S. has had in ages.

I thought he showed character confirming his relationship with Rev. Wright while rejecting Wright's message.

Obama's going to lose. As the campaign moves along Obama will be more alientaed from the public as the public begins to reralize how complex he is.

Clinton vs McCain.

#28     Mar 18, 2008
  9. CNN commentators claimed that Obama wrote the speech. I suspect that he hires speech writers to keep his message simple; his own thinking is too sophisticated to be accepted by the public.

Obama's been outed as a thinker. He's doomed.

#29     Mar 18, 2008
  10. Wow...

#30     Mar 18, 2008