Obama and the budget

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Of course not,Republicans hate to hear the truth.Dem's spend to much....But the biggest spenders are Republicans.When a democrat nearly triples the national debt like Reagan then you might have an argument

At least when Dems spend they try to pay for it.Repubs spends and then cuts taxes ,how fucking stupid is that :confused:

#11     Apr 29, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

Remind me again who created social security?

#12     Apr 29, 2010
  3. FDR

I will also remind you that social security has taken in more then it has paid out

Presidents borrow from social security surpluses,guess which presidents borrowed the most from social security ?

#13     Apr 29, 2010
  4. There is a theoretical basis for "Trickle Down Voodoonomics," just as there is for "Intelligent Design." And I've been assured by religious Republicans that all of their theories carry at least equal weight. That's just the way it is.

#14     Apr 29, 2010
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Not anymore this year Obama is the biggest spender in History, forget %'s and who increased what. This is the biggest ever....... kinda like McDonalds, Billions and Trillions Blown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_federal_budget

#15     Apr 29, 2010
  6. Maybe Obama should lie like bush did

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_federal_budget#Deficit

President Obama, on February 19, 2009, banned four accounting gimmicks that former President George W. Bush used to make deficit projections look smaller then they actually were.[2]

The changes: account for the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (”overseas military contingencies”) in the budget rather than through the use of “emergency” supplemental spending bills, assume the Alternative Minimum Tax will be indexed for inflation, account for the full costs of Medicare reimbursements, and anticipate the inevitable expenditures for natural disaster relief. [3]

These changes would make the debt over ten years look $2.7 trillion larger than the distorted Bush baseline, but that debt was always there. It was just being hidden. President Bush’s budgets hid billions with elaborate budget gimmicks. They took war-spending off the books, tried to eliminate the costs of wildly expensive tax cuts for the wealthy, and claimed savings through unrealistic, unspecified future cuts in vital discretionary spending.

#16     Apr 29, 2010
  7. Wallet

Wallet

Are we talking deficits or budget? How much we are going in the hole, or total dollars spent? It doesn't matter, you can rant and rave all you want about Bush and Regan did this or that, this administration has out done them all in one year, in both categories.

#17     Apr 29, 2010
  8. Mav88

Mav88

You really are a jackass. You can't read, you keep saying things that I refuted, you keep saying inaccurate statements, you can't add.... I understand that is your truth, and that's the problem, you lefties are so dense when it comes to looking at your own policies that trying to discuss this with you is pointless.

Simple example 1: you say that this dems at least try and pay for their spending. Obama just tripled Bush's deficit with no new tax increase, do you know what deficit means? The article I gave said Obama was touting tax cuts for the middle class, to use your own words- how stupid is that after tripling the deficit?

Simple example 2: This is the second largest (2009 is the largest)deficit and the second largest budget in inflation adjusted terms for the last 50 years. Then you claim republicans are the largest spenders.

You rather stupid argument about tripling is pure tripe. Percentages don't commute, tripling a lower number is not the same as tripling a larger number you jackass.

#18     Apr 29, 2010
  9. Mav88

Mav88

folks, this guy ........ is just dumb. I was not talking about projections, I am talking about real dollars in todays budget. In the end the 'gimmick' was reflected in the actual FY budget.

The fact remains whether or not you include supplementals: This years budget almost triples the FY 2008 deficit. This is a full year after the credit crisis budget and TARP. The reason is right there in the numbers- Obama used the credit crisis to jack up mandatory spending by about $500B. it's no longer even called stimulus since it is now mandatory.

The fundamental issue remains: Why was a credit crisis used as an excuse to jack up social welfare mandatory spending?

and as you can see, it's not a one time jack up either and it is NOT PAID FOR

#19     Apr 29, 2010
  10. Heres a hint,a dollar in 2010 is not the same as it was in 1983.

Obamas deficits might not be so bad if he weren't hampered by lack of funds due to Bush's tax cuts

Obamas deficits might not be so bad if he didn't have to pay for Bush's unfunded Medicare expansion

Obamas deficits might not be so bad if he didn't have to pay for Bush's 2 wars

Obamas deficits might not be so bad if he didn't have to pay so much interest on the national debt that was caused mostly by Reagan and Bush

Obamas deficits might not be so bad if he had come into office with a budget surplus like Bush did

#20     Apr 29, 2010