OBAMA and McCAIN on stage tonight...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilduckling, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Lot of comment on this program on local talk shows today. The overwhelming consensus was that McCain scored a big win. His answers had a Reaganesque directness and simplicity to them. Obama was too clever by half, dodging legitimate questions ("above my pay grade") and lapsing quickly into blame America libspeak.

Probably the best evidence that McCain scored big was the whispers from team Obama that McCain must have received the questions ahead of time. How else could the old doddering half senile guy outsmart probably the most intelligent and moral man ever to run for office? Alan Greenspan's wife, Andrea Mitchell, who is as loyal a water carrier for obama as exists in the media, dutifully passed on these charges on one of the Sunday talk shows. Another journalist called up the church and asked and it turns out that yes, McCain did get the first two questions in advance. But so did Obama, and apparently he also got the third.

There's nothing a pol can do to turn off his media supporters quicker than to lure them out on a limb, then watch as it is chopped off behind them. It's one thing to casually slander your grandmother who raised you. To expose one of the grandees of the Washington press to ridicule is inexcusable however.

#11     Aug 18, 2008
  2. I'd bet my kingdom and fortune that everyone of one of those local talk shows were right wing biased. It's natural... people hear what they wanna hear then can't believe that everyone doesn't think exactly the way they do.

The challenge is to listen to the opposition as well.

#12     Aug 18, 2008
  3. Does Cindy Sheehan get to moderate the next debate? I don't care for the radical elements of either party dominating the discussions. Further, if the religious leaders want a say in politics then they can pay taxes like the rest of us. Otherwise, I don't give a flyin' fuck what their opinion is, and neither should you. That is, if you're a believer in the constitution and a American patriot like myself.

#13     Aug 18, 2008
  4. I want Obama to win..... DO NOT WANT ANOTHER RIGHT WING EVANGELICAL
    nut as president ............. HOWEVER,

Saturday night , it was McCain that won the night. Pure and simple

#14     Aug 18, 2008
  5. and that got a .002 TV rating....there is no one in my circle who even knows when are what yaps are even on.

#15     Aug 18, 2008
  6. Here is how a fair debate should work.

The democrats develop a list of questions to ask McCain and the republicans develop a list of questions to ask Obama.

The questions are provided one at a time at the debate and the sides alternate with one question each.

If a question is dodged by a candidate or he tells a lie in response to the question then the referees point out the foul and allow the opposing party to ask another question of this candidate.

Now the problem becomes just where in the hell will we find the referees.:D

#16     Aug 18, 2008
  7. Get back to me when evangelical Christians get motivated by McCain.

Here's a helpful tip: Don't hold your breath.

The debate could only have helped Obama.

#17     Aug 18, 2008
  8. that debate hurt him......BAD!!

media already replying his words from that night over and over again.

Moderator: "when do the rights of a baby begin?"

Obama: "Thats above my pay grade"

#18     Aug 18, 2008
  9. The point remains - a debate in front of evangelicals could only hurt McCain, not help Obama.

No matter the content, because of the context.

*p.s. - McCain has been pro-abortion rights his entire career. He has entered the 'flip flop' zone on the holiest of grails to evangelicals. If I was Obama's strategist, I could make mince meat of McCain in one commercial.

#19     Aug 18, 2008
  10. I'd like to see the support for your statement that McCain has been pro abortion rights. I thought he had a pretty consistent pro life record. I'm not that familiar with his individual votes, so maybe you have an argument, but I haven't heard ot before.

#20     Aug 19, 2008