Obama And Dem Leaders Are Not PLaying Well

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 4, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Obama, focused on winning a second term, has distanced himself from Congress altogether, at times not making the distinction between Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill.

There have been recent flare-ups between the White House and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and his deputies, 13 months before the 2012 elections, when control of the Senate is up for grabs.
    Obama left his party’s top senators, who had assembled for a conference call, hanging on the phone for nearly 20 minutes before National Economic Council Director Gene Sperling came on the line with a seemingly vague notion of what the call was supposed to be about, Democratic sources said.

Obama and Reid speak frequently on the phone, but the conversations can be terse. One Democratic source quipped that it’s often a contest to guess who will hang up on the other first. Reid, as it turns out, doesn’t have a habit of saying goodbye when he ends a call.

The White House has had to rely on Reid because, unlike former President Clinton, Obama has little appetite for regularly calling Democratic lawmakers.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/185275-white-house-kept-dem-sens-hanging-on-phone-

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

So Odumbo has pissed off just about everyone. Including those like IQ 47 who will vote for him no matter what.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I thought he was a Ron Paul fan. Didn't he say he would vote for Ron Paul if he was the republican candidate?

Paul is calling for Obama to be impeached for assasinating a US citizen. I wonder how -47 reconciles those two ideas, that is, supporting Ron Paul but voting for Barrack Obama.

I've personally come to believe that liberals should be rounded up, placed in camps and be fed dog food. We could put those camps on the San Fransisco penninsula, just fence off the whole place and dump them in there. I'm not interested in democratic outcomes anymore.

I wonder if -47 prefers Pedigree or Beneful. My dogs like the 50-dollar stuff from PetSmart (Blue Buffalo) but it makes them fart.

Anyway, just to address the topic, Harry Reid is a complete tool and it warms my heart that Obama has to work with him. I've read that Nancy Pelosi is even more difficult to work with than Reid. Hilarious.

4. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, I believed that about the conservatives for a long time after I reached my age of reason. Today I recognize the fundamental philosophical divide between the two as two sides of the same coin.

5. pspr

pspr

Pretty funny that Obama has such poor communications skills.

And, I hate people like Harry Reid that just hang up without saying 'bye' or something. I'd be like 'hello, hello, are you there'. Then I'd hang up on him in mid-sentence on the next call.

6. jem

jem

Reid's action defines passive aggressive loser.