Obama already mixed up in scandal.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Republicon party member will fall in one ( or more ) of the following groups:

Faggots

Maggots

Crooks

Wiggers ( see definition here http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2211936#post2211936 )

Illiterate cut-n-paste Schmucks ( a few wingnut ET posters fall in this group )

Paranoid Delusionals aka "joe the plumber delusional" ( See this thread http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132135&perpage=6&pagenumber=1)

#41     Dec 10, 2008
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Obama isn't stupid enough to get mixed up in a deal to "sell" his seat. But what really surprises me is 1) Why would he feel it necessary to deny ever talking with the Gov about it? Seems that just might be a conversation that could have taken place without any bad intent. 2) Why did Fitzgerald feel it necesary to move on the governor? Why not let this thing play out. From what I have seen/read, this investigation was just starting to bear fruit. Obama is probably not guilty, but appearances are everything. Especially for someone promising "change we can believe in".

#42     Dec 10, 2008
  3. The Governor is on tape saying Obamas choice was not going to pay for a seat.He also said Fuck Obama.Case closed as for as Obama being involved

#43     Dec 10, 2008
  4. Asked what contact he'd had with the governor's office about his replacement in the Senate, President-elect Obama today said "I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening."

But on November 23, 2008, his senior adviser David Axelrod appeared on Fox News Chicago and said something quite different.

While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a "kingmaker," Axelrod said, "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/12/obama_vs_axelrod_on_talks_with.asp

#44     Dec 10, 2008
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Lol,

I was flipping through the news channels last night watching every Illinois politician put as much distance between them and the Gov. Heck I don't even see how he could do his job, most elected officials denied ever talking to him, heck I think most couldn't recall his name, hahahahahah

#45     Dec 10, 2008
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Obama overreacts when in the cover up mode... he's cracking already :)

Some said that Clinton had a nervous breakdown while in office, they were observers from afar using some kind of pattern recognition... it's the fourth term of Roosevelt, second Jimmy Carter one and third Clinton even...

#46     Dec 10, 2008
  7. as a Reagan-Cconservative, i hope to god Obama's name doesn't surface in all this.

call me optimistic

although, I appreciate the number of pegs it drops him.

The Messiah Talk Is Over.

Kudos to the Trib and the IL FBI for handling this with discretion.

#47     Dec 10, 2008
  8. Mercor

Mercor

I hear they plan on handcuffing Obama as he walks up to the stage to talk the presidental oath.

Just before he gets his hand on the Koran.

#48     Dec 10, 2008
  9. This scandal will rival Watergate...IF the press digs deep enough.
    You really didn't think that a black guy with zero experience could be elected president without some backroom deals. Com'on, be real. This guy, Obama, has been getting the wheels greased from the get go.

#49     Dec 10, 2008
  10. same sore-loser scumbags... different day!

#50     Dec 10, 2008