Obama aides owe IRS $831k in back taxes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Wow.

2. And 41 employees at the Executive Office of the President owed $831,000 altogether - about the same amount as during the last year of George W. Bush's administration.

Nationwide, debt to the IRS has been rising steadily, even before the current economic downturn, with $103.2 billion owed at the end of last year.

From 2004 through 2006, the last three years that Republicans were in power, the total amount of back taxes owed each year by congressional workers hovered just below $9 million. But in 2007, when Democrats took control of both houses, it dropped to $6.8 million. Since then, it has increased by 37 percent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/09/AR2010090903376.html

Another right wing splice job
    :eek:

For more see - http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206484

3. What a relief. The Bush administration staff were tax scofflaws so therefore it's okay for the Obama administration. What happened to Obama coming into office claiming that his administration was going to set a higher standard? The fact is, Democrats and Republicans are equally crooked. Anyone who defends either party is on the losing side of the argument.

4. Mercor

Mercor

Was Bush the worst President ever.....I guess he was the SAME as Obama

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

So where is the "CHANGE" the anointed one promised during his campaign?

6. lucrum:So where is the "CHANGE" the anointed one promised during his campaign?
    ---------------------------
    +1.

7. look lots of people dont pay all there taxes cuz its confusing,,time to simplify, even those who write the laws are confused over it,,americans spend 200 bil pr yr payin others to do it,,time for change, i would wager money that most on this board dont pay all there suppose to or over pay due to the complexity of the tax code,,huckabee was right,,fair tax now, i know it confuses me