Obama agenda: Tax cuts, spending

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Please tell me that you are not that DUMB . . . Or have you not noticed that 4th quarter GDP fell off a cliff and is heading for -5.5% by most estimates?

With that kind of "logic" I guess you'd rather see Obama raise taxes and balance the budget ( just to be different than Bush ) so that we can head into a full-fledged DEPRESSION.

Congratulations.
    You have just shown all of ET just how absurdly stupid you are . . . not just ignorant, but plain stupid.
    :D

#11     Jan 6, 2009
  2. The market dropped around 20% from the beginning of september to the beginning of october. I am sure you need a chart sense you need a web link on just about everything so just go search stock market charts.

Obama campaigned for the last year saying he was going to raise the capital gains taxes. He never once during that historic drop said he wasn't going to increase taxes.

Yes Obama is taking the smart option by cutting taxes now but your pitiful argument basically claims Obama was willing to say anything to get elected. Wow surprise surprise.

Obama said he was going to raise capital gains. He is now cutting them. The only people that will get pissed off about this move will be the hardcore class war liberals who have a problem with anyone getting rich.

Landis you have to realize that by now the idea of Obama and change is an absolute joke.

The more you end your posts with lines like the whole ET community thinks your retarded the more everyone else thinks you're retarded.

#12     Jan 6, 2009
  3. Actually, it would appear that MOST of ET has learned of just how stupid your claims are ( and how twisted your "logic" is ) in regards to engaging in a discussion on politics, let alone how our government operates/functions.

In fact, judging by the way that no one even responds to your posts anymore, I'm probably just about the only one in this Forum that has yet to put you on IGNORE.

Maybe its because you are unable to have a "discussion" with anyone without placing them into a convenient and tidy little stereotypical "box", or that you are unable to be specific about issues that you raise, or that you are totally unable to enter into a "discussion" without staying on topic and conveniently changing the subject.

About a week ago, I should have known that you had a "screw" loose when you claimed that the "Do Nothing" Congress of the last 2 years actually had their political and philosophical interests aligned with one of the most "On Holiday" Presidents of the modern era, George Bush.

That was downright laughable.
    And so are you.

Time for me to join the REST OF ET and place you on IGNORE.
    Back to trading.

:p

#13     Jan 6, 2009
  4. Once again all you can do is bitch about the person on the opposite side while showing in full your lack of substance when it comes to arguing anything.

I love it how everytime you lose an argument you say your going to put me on ignore. Once again your that little girl screaming "I can't hear you I can't hear you blah blah blah". Just do it already you little bitch!

#14     Jan 6, 2009
  5. Arnie

Arnie

Just more proof there isn't a nickels worth of difference among politicians.

Funny, I haven't heard anyone......Dems, Repubs or the MSM... asking..."How will we pay for this?"

Obama and his team are in for a real surprise. Tax cuts and stimulus won't fix this. You can't have 20+ years of orgasmic consumer debt and get off that cheap.

#15     Jan 6, 2009
  6. Good point...Have you noticed how Obama is talking down the economy and now saying its going o get worse and it wll take more then one term to fix? Hae you noticed he has dropped the tax the rich crap that got him elected? ...Bush did the same talk down when he came in too

#16     Jan 6, 2009
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hasn't even been sworn in yet for the first term, and he's already campaigning for the next term.

Not unlike his term in the senate, gets elected and almost immediately starts running for President.

He must really be full of himself.

#17     Jan 6, 2009
  8. Nah, he's been actually pretty busy and business like in my opinion...however i think all those 'hope speeches" are starting to hit home as a dream....its always easy to say im going to do A,B, and C and fix everything...the devil is in the details

#18     Jan 6, 2009
  9. Not sure if any of you saw his acceptance speech, but it was severely "watered" down compared to previous "hope" speeches.

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America - I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you - we as a people will get there.

There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as President, and we know that government can't solve every problem. But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you, especially when we disagree. And above all, I will ask you join in the work of remaking this nation the only way it's been done in America for two-hundred and twenty-one years - block by block, brick by brick, calloused hand by calloused hand."

I don't think that the enormity of what lies ahead for this country's future is lost one bit on him.
    Why would anyone suggest otherwise?

Or do people here actually think that he'll spend 25% of his Presidency on "vacation" back at the Crawford Ranch like Dubya and not give a crap about what his legacy will be?

#19     Jan 6, 2009
  10. He didn't want to be a buzz kill during his campaign. Sense he campaigned so drunkenly there will be a big psychological crash when it comes to the man Obama.

#20     Jan 6, 2009