Obama Admits he is a Muslim

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GabbyJay, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wasted too much time searching my posts for the quotes.
    I did find this :http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-books.htm

According to this supposed non partisan site two of the quotes aren't true. Including the one I considered most damning.

I'm learning not to try and discuss logic with liberals. It's like talking to a brick wall - no offense.

Liberal in what way? Are you fucking serious? I've looked over his voting record. It may not be liberal to you (surprise surprise) but it's too liberal for me.

#21     Sep 9, 2008
  2. I believe Ann Coulter wrote a best selling book on How to Talk To A Liberal. Her first question was, why would you want to? Later she mentioned the use of a baseball bat.

The National Journal, a respected totally nonpartisan public affairs journal, ranked Obama as the single most liberal senator. More liberal than Ted Kennedy, Schumer, Patrick Leahy, the whole collection of the nutcase left. His proposals do nothing to counteract that. Of course, he is now trying to appear more reasonable, but he has the toilet paper from his chicago days stuck to his trousers.

#22     Sep 9, 2008
  3. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Yeah, he's more qualified to destroy this country. I'm not interested in slinging hash here, but its the opinion of many that he will user in the end. thankfully, his chance of winning are about as good as an alien spacecraft landing on the front lawn of the white house, on election day.

#23     Sep 9, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh good, I own three. Keep one in the car, one in a closet by the front door and one behind the bed post.
    Probably comes from being one of those evil paramilitary uh Boy Scouts - Be Prepared.

#24     Sep 9, 2008
  5. Notice how Paulson had that bazooka and had to use it. If Obama is President, somebody is going to push him, Guranteed. And he'll have to use that bazooka. I don't want that to happen.

The old saw is , get a President a little crazy, so the Russians think he'll push the button:

McCain in 08.

#25     Sep 9, 2008
  6. I don't see how these quotes, which even your source here says are out of context, support your position. Please explain.

Alright. That's good that you can admit and see that. When the facts on the ground change, as they just have, will you adjust your views?

Non taken. I'm a fiscal conservative who is disgusted with the Republicans. The fact that you feel that I am a "liberal" illustrates how the Republican party has pre-empted thought.

Okay, going through the votes on votesmart.org, which votes struck you as too liberal versus McCain's?

#26     Sep 9, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

1) On the Muslim issue they don't support it. I conceded that already but here you can gloat some more.
    :)
    2)If you mean on the Muslim issue, lets say I've "softened" my view for now.
    If you mean will I vote for him, absolutely not.
    3)I'm a fiscal conservative as well, disgusted with the entire federal government. I wouldn't expect you to know but I've stated here more than once. I don't like McCain and never have. I do like Palin though. My vote for the them, like my last two votes for Bush, is really a vote against the challenging liberals. Personally I think our choices this election as in the last two are abysmal. Improved somewhat with the addition of Palin to the ticket.
    Personally I hope McCain wins and then drops dead about two seconds after being sworn in.
    4)You either enjoy politics more than I do or have a tremendous amount of spare time. The following quote satisfies me about Obama's liberal voting record.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to look at all the individual votes myself. If you have concluded/rationalized/decided that Obama is not a liberal then there is probably nothing I'm going to write that would change your mind.

#27     Sep 9, 2008
  8. No gloating intended, I hadn't read your concession in the second point at that point in time.

Fair enough, it's good that you've "softened" your view on what happened. Many people here wouldn't.

Well it's worth noting that she left her small town with $20 million in debt.

So as a fiscal conservative, that's kind of a deal breaker for me.

May I ask why you feel that liberals are such a threat?

The National Journal is hardly bipartisan, or even balanced. But here's what Factcheck had to say about that study:

"But the National Journal rated him the 16th most liberal in his first year and the 10th most liberal in his second. It rated his votes "most liberal" only in 2007, when he was busy campaigning and missed one-third of the votes on which the rating is based."

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/maverick_misleads.html

Yes, I enjoy discussing politics greatly, and I enjoy doing extensive research on topics to drill down to facts. I don't start from any particular viewpoint if I can avoid it (which no one can perfectly avoid, but I try).

My conclusions have been that the Republicans are simply not fiscally conservative. Additionally their varying rationales that shifted half a dozen time for entering a war was a powerful message that they were just winging it with no real plan. Even today McCain doesn't know who the enemy is.

#28     Sep 9, 2008
  9. An Airline Pilot in Command's promotion in addition to his/her knowledge is mostly reliant on the experience which is tallied by the hours accumulated and when the Airliner doors are closed the captain becomes the final authority over the destiny of the ship.

Now, having said that, once you get your basic flying license after only 35 hours of flight time experience gained on a single engine two seater on a very light plane, one could more or less fly a Boeing 747 for all intents and purposes too, say in an emergency... as proved by the 9/11 terrorist who very precisely drove those jets at high speeds into very thin targets but that does not prove they were any competent pilots that under different circumstances they would have qualified to become the pilot in command of those jets.

Well, the long rant apart, the respectable VP candidate is to me a pilot with only say about 250 hours who wants to Captain an Airbus 380?!
    She will at best manage to crash it into a tower...or maybe if the nation is patient enough and can tolerate many extreme potential hardships brought upon them courtesy of her lack of experience then possibly by the eight year of her term she may complete her learning by experience crash course, although GW is the proof that even that can't be guaranteed neither.

I am amazed at how wishful thinkers, are willing to place the destiny of their nation and country in the hands of such lack of knowledge and inexperience of a Red Neck populist?!

Please start your attacks by quoting a sentence of her that would demonstrate her wisdom and knowledge and if you don't find any other than popular quotes, then maybe you should reconsider if she is any different to say, Yeltsin, Chavez, Ahmadi Nejad, Gadhafi etc., whom all share and enjoy the same common denominator? Ignorance, lack of experience, Populist Autocrats who rely heavily on strong handedness to mask their own weaknesses.

p.s.
    BTW:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psWvUlPzKzk = This video has been removed due to terms of use violation?!

p.s.s.
    Although this one is still good and working, yet... :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcSuBX4KD_c

#29     Sep 13, 2008