Obama Admits He Has No Intention Of Closing Our Borders

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 2, 2010.

1. $Trillions on the wars, too. The Southern border is likely a BIGGER threat to USA than skirmishes in the ME.. But of course, we don't piss off the Mexicans by killing bad guys in Afghanistan...

#11     Jul 2, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Although difficult and somewhat expensive yes it can be closed.
    But it will take a federal government with the will and a lot more back bone that the one we currently have.

#12     Jul 2, 2010
  3. For the sake of argument let's assume you're correct. Don't you think we'd get a bigger bang for our buck by hiring more INS agents to enforce current labor laws? Repeal of the Anchor baby law costs nothing, and would save us billions. Billions more would be saved if we didn't have to house, feed, educate, and basicly provide support for entire families of illegals.
    What we need to do is take away the giant, guaranteed to win lotto ticket they get when they arrive. Building a nice big wall is fine, but if you don't take away the incentive to come here, they'll find a way in. Cockroaches always do! No food laying around, no cockroaches.

#13     Jul 2, 2010
  4. I agree with you in part, but I think you're way underestimating the degree of difficulty in what you're proposing. First, the anchor baby concept is not a law that can be overturned by congress. It's a Supreme Court decision that will either have to be reversed by the Court or reversed by a Constitutional Amendment. I do agree with you that the current interpretation is wrong and not what was intended, but changing it will be damn hard.

As for providing services to illegals, you might recall that California passed a referendum a few years back mandating exactly that. No freebies for illegals. A federal judge promptly declared it unconstitutional and California did not appeal, obviously because the democrats then in charge(Gray Dvais administration) agreed with the decision. That decision is not binding on other states however, and there are ways California could get around it if they wanted to. For example, they could pass another referendum, just like Chicago( and Washington, DC) did with their gun laws that were declared unconstitutional.

#14     Jul 2, 2010
  5. Republican God Reagan would disagree.So would Bush and Mccain

#15     Jul 2, 2010
  6. Reagan is dead and was wrong, bush and mcvain are liberals.

#16     Jul 2, 2010
  7. how do you propose we circumscribe to proscribe the entire border of the US? well??!

#17     Jul 2, 2010
  8. We can mine the entire border with land mines. Put intensely anti-immigration rabid Americans to work laying them. Put up signs:

Explosivos adelante. Ingrese a su propio riesgo! Nota: para detonar las minas terrestres Inglés y Español altavoces. Pero tenemos el mapa .....

or

Explosives ahead. Enter at own risk!!! Note: land mines detonate for both English and Spanish speakers. But we have the map.....

#18     Jul 2, 2010
  9. right out of the nazi handbook :D

wtf is wrong with you people?

we're talking about women, men and children just trying to better themselves.

they're not trying to take you down
    :eek:

they want better for themselves, would YOU do any different given same opportunity?

#19     Jul 2, 2010

10. It's really not complicated.

We can sample the dirt on mars but we can't build a damn fence?

#20     Jul 2, 2010