Obama administration is an abject failure?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maxpi, Jul 5, 2013.

1. jem

jem

in support of my previous statement... when you add up each of Obamas deficits... you get trillions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57572177/national-debt-up-$6-trillion-since-obama-took-office/

Contributing to the National Debt, the federal deficit has topped $1 trillion four years running. Mr. Obama has routinely blamed his predecessor for policies that has sent the debt soaring on his watch.

--

Any recent decrease in the deficit spending is likely due to the sequester.
    Ak should be asking for another sequester. .

#31     Jul 5, 2013
  2. Its easy to add 6 trillion in debt when you come into office with a trillion dollar deficit.If Obama had come into office with a balanced budget like Bush did he would not have added 6 trillion in debt.

The sequester cuts are only around 100 billion a year a jem

#32     Jul 5, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

And he is correct, to a degree. Cutting government income (taxes) while increasing government spending was Bush's action. Along comes Obama and inherits lowered revenue because of the tax cuts, falling revenue because of the recession, rising non-discretionary spending because of the recession, and still inflated spending because of the wars.

#33     Jul 5, 2013
  4. Mercor

Mercor

Ok, Change the chart from percent to dollars , then use 1982 dollars as your base.

Then see the disaster Obama is.

#34     Jul 5, 2013
  5. Its much easier to just use % merc since that doesn't change but feel free to post it if you wish

#35     Jul 5, 2013
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Its much easier because a percent bar chart contours the facts to give you a visual chart that misleads the truth.

I hope you don't manipulate statistics like this and then try to trade from them. Your charts are phoney.

#36     Jul 5, 2013
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Okay...I got one for you (anybody).

1. What was the national debt when Bush left office?

2. What is the national debt now, under Obama?

Either side, don't spin, just state the numbers to questions 1 & 2.

#37     Jul 5, 2013

8. Don't know but the deficit was a trillion dollars when Bush left office.I know if you come into office with a trillion dollars a year more in bills then revenue you're going to add trillions to the debt pretty quickly

#38     Jul 5, 2013
  9. BSAM

BSAM

innnnk...wrong answer.

#39     Jul 5, 2013
  10. If you're going to bring up Obamas debt its only fair to bring up Bushs part in that debt,the part where Bush left Obama a trillion dollars a year more in bills then revenue.

#40     Jul 5, 2013