Obama administration is an abject failure?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maxpi, Jul 5, 2013.

1. I agree that some are vague, but at face value what is it that you disagree with?

Also, none of them are alien or newly introduced principles/concepts in the US, so how is it they are radical? Here is an example of radical, a federal program that allows bureaucrats to spy on US citizens. A concept I doubt was familiar to ANY of the previous generations of Americans.

#181     Jul 10, 2013
  2. jem

jem

not that I have a problem with much of that list but ... that website was founded in 2004.

it therefore is not the tea party which got going after tarp spending and obama spending and the size of govt.

many times tea party people say the tea party is really about taxes and spending and too big govt.

the other things on that list may be things much of the tea party agrees with... but time after time tea party people are careful not to mix those issue in.

at least that is what I have seen.

#182     Jul 10, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

They could remain vague but still at least hint at the ability to analyze circumstances. "Government must be downsized." No, government must be rightsized.

#183     Jul 10, 2013
  4. I think this is our most fundamental disagreement. I say the federal govt, specifically, must be limited to it's Constitutional boundaries. You say that it must 'rightsized' which I assume means it must expand/contract subjectively according to circumstance. Correct?

#184     Jul 10, 2013
  5. jem

jem

Being that private sector should be about what 3 x the govt sector?
    that there should be more private tax payers than food stamp recipients.

#185     Jul 10, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

That is correct. As society grows in size and complexity, and our competition's society's do as well, it's quite probable that government will need to grow too. Other variables pertain, like productivity for example, but the point is, it's not so simple as "has to be smaller".

#186     Jul 10, 2013
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Stupid retort.

#187     Jul 10, 2013
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Mr. roofer, bentarrow just called people who believe in God's Creation of the Heavens and Earth, "creation nuts." I rest my case in dealing with this lost soul. There will be plenty of room for him in Hell... I wonder if he KNOWS that Jesus was a Carpenter just like he is?

#188     Jul 10, 2013
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Then amend the Constitution. There is a process for that, and it has been done before when something was important enough.

#189     Jul 10, 2013
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Says who? Maybe a people would decide they want machines providing their food. As automation advances there is not necessarily a new place waiting for the displaced, at least not in the timeframe that concerns an empty belly.

#190     Jul 10, 2013