Obama administration hints at prosecuting Romney for tax evasion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Can you post a link on this information. This is the first I've read about Romney being recently audited.

#41     Jul 28, 2012
  2. Wallet

Wallet

Interesting title for a thread, does POTUS actually have the power to prosecute?

#42     Jul 28, 2012
  3. Ok, I don't ever recall saying here, or anywhere else that I think anyone should get something for nothing. Work, even while collecting welfare, do something, nothing should be free to the able bodied. I think gov't is too big, too much waste from the military on down. And, the gov't certainly cannot fix all our problems, any more than the simple hatred of sitting President can help with anything at all.

There should be no drug gangs, and if we had basic common sense laws, there would be a lot fewer, maybe none.

And, if you think we shouldn't worry about IRAN, you should check with your puppet Romney, even on Face the Nation today.

Maybe your parties hero RR should come back and give Amnesty again, and no, I was not an advocate then or now.

And to not be concerned about balance of trade and other factors with China, is very short sighted.

Now, to make shit up, make assumptions of others, is a pretty common thread woven within a losing conservative party. Has nothing to do with truth or reality, just like the war against Obama.

#43     Jul 29, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I doubt Obama is going to let that stop him.

#44     Jul 29, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

yeah, Obama is really the beacon of truth and reality lol.....

Almost every attack he has engaged in against Romney has been rated as blatant lying by the fact checkers....

Funny how almost 4 years into his presidency all he has to run on is "it wasnt my fault" and trying to make the other guy look bad based on tax returns and his business record which has already been called a stellar business career by people like Clinton, Booker, and Ed Rendell.... In other words Obama wants to talk about anything but the economy, and his bold plan to solve the deficit by raising a whopping 70 billion dollars a year by sticking it to millionaires...

The only people left cheering for Obama at this point are the hopeless partisans like yourself who would vote for Obama no matter what.....

#45     Jul 29, 2012
  6. This is the 1/n posts that you try to paint yourself as a conservative . nice try douchebag

#46     Jul 29, 2012
  7. tax evasion is the easiest to silence political opposition. wonder where Obama got his idea from.

"A Chinese court upheld a $2 million fine for tax evasion against the country's most famous dissident, Ai Weiwei, in a case that critics accuse Beijing of using to muzzle the outspoken artist."

"Ukraine has begun a new trial against jailed former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko on charges of tax evasion.Tymoshenko denies all charges against her and says they are part of a campaign by her longtime foe, President Viktor Yanukovych, to bar her from politics."Western outrage over Tymoshenko's prosecution has already prompted some European politicians to boycott matches at the football championship, which Ukraine is co-hosting with Poland."

"Mikhail Khodorkovsky, former Russian oligarch and oil tycoon, was once the richest man in Russia.Khodorkovsky also began to fund opposition political parties. Putin may have been able to tolerate Khodorkovsky’s Open Russia foundation, but he could not allow Khodorkovsky to brazenly oppose him.on October 25, 2003 Khodorkovsky himself was arrested on charges of embezzlement, tax evasion and fraud."

#47     Jul 29, 2012
  8. According to Jung, the shadow, in being instinctive and irrational, is prone to projection: turning a personal inferiority into a perceived moral deficiency in someone else. Jung writes that if these projections are unrecognized "The projection-making factor (the Shadow archetype) then has a free hand and can realize its object--if it has one--or bring about some other situation characteristic of its power." [4] These projections insulate and cripple individuals by forming an ever thicker fog of illusion between the ego and the real world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_(psychology)

#48     Jul 29, 2012