Obama Administration a society that lavishly rewards those who make us poorer.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Meanwhile, the S&P just crossed 1000.
    :)

#11     Aug 3, 2009
  2. You had me until you said "without strings attached". First of all, there are a million strings attached. Second, all of them result in the screwing of the CUSTOMERS of the firms and handing competitive advantage to foreign banks.

Our politicians should not be deciding how to spend our money. Full stop. They shouldn't have the power to decide who wins and who loses on Wall Street or anywhere else. The market will sort out the losers from the winners and we will all be better off in the long run.

#12     Aug 3, 2009
  3. Yes, people in the late 1990's were similarly euphoric. Beware another bubble.

#13     Aug 3, 2009
  4. clacy

clacy

I'm no Obama fan, but you have to admit that he was handed a shit storm to deal with.

I certainly don't agree with most of his policy ideas and how he's handled the situation so far. And I agree that he will hurt this country further with HC reform and his bullsh*t Cap & Trade plan.

If he raises taxes, and by all means he must in order to pull off all the stuff that he promised, he and the Dems will be voted out.

When you set expectations as high as Obama did, you really have no where to go but down in most peoples' eyes.

#14     Aug 3, 2009
  5. Anything BUT a "sure bet".

Before the '08, elections, Congress' disapproval rating was 86%, yet 95% of incumbents were re-elected.

What? Do we ALL have our head up our butt???

#15     Aug 3, 2009
  6. clacy

clacy

I'm not sure if I'd be bragging that the Dow is a couple of hundred points lower than where it was when it became apparent that Obama was going to win the election.

There is a long time to go in Obama's first term, and we'll likely see some pretty major swings up and down.

One thing is for sure, the Dow can hit 20,000, but if unemployment is still 9%+ in 2011, Obama is in big trouble.

#16     Aug 3, 2009
  7. And the only person that knows how to deal with this shit is Ron Paul, but instead the anti-capitalist Obama gets in. :D :D

If I wasn't laughing so hard right now, I'd be crying.

#17     Aug 3, 2009