Obama admin threatens woodward: "YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET DOING THIS'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 27, 2013.

1. I think they underestimated his influence, then when the tea party thing went viral, it was too late.

There is a key difference though. He was never a supporter. It's one thing for some oddball to diss them. It's another if it is someone with long liberal democrat credentials. That kind of thing cannot be tolerated.

#41     Feb 28, 2013
  2. The difference is that Cramer is a Democrat while Santelli is not. The issue is about criticism WITHIN the party.

#42     Mar 1, 2013
  3. Obama is now Emperor. He can do say, whatever he wants and you either sing his praises or keep your mouth shut. This is now America's reality and the press knows it.

#43     Mar 1, 2013
  4. Ricter

Ricter

The premise of this thread is false. So is the quote.

#44     Mar 1, 2013
  5. Enlighen us.....:cool:

Woodwards take on this is false. The WH is false. What is it?

#45     Mar 1, 2013
  6. He has spoken and the press walks away with their marching orders.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3bQnxlHZsjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#46     Mar 1, 2013
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Read the actual email exchange.

#47     Mar 1, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

Anytime someone high in the White House puts the phrase in an email to you that "you're going to regret this" it is a problem. And, we know others have received not so subtle threats and even actions.

I think Woodward just had enough of this sort of veiled threat and make a stand for the sake of his profession.

It's amazing the attacks he is receiving from other journalists and to see them saying they don't mind taking a little heat (or threat of punishment). I think most of the press has an education equivilant of about 3rd grade. They never made it to American history class.

#48     Mar 1, 2013
  9. Sperling’s e-mail said. “I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim.”

#49     Mar 1, 2013