Obama admin threatens woodward: "YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET DOING THIS'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 27, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Uhhh ohhh, third reporter, and second liberal Ron Fournier comes foreword over threats from obama admin. Obama is a scumbag.

As editor-in-chief of National Journal, I received several e-mails and telephone calls from this White House official filled with vulgarity, abusive language, and virtually the same phrase that Woodward called a veiled threat. “You will regret staking out that claim,” The Washington Post reporter was told.

Once I moved back to daily reporting this year, the badgering intensified. I wrote Saturday night, asking the official to stop e-mailing me. The official wrote, challenging Woodward and my tweet. “Get off your high horse and assess the facts, Ron,” the official wrote.
    I wrote back:

“I asked you to stop e-mailing me. All future e-mails from you will be on the record -- publishable at my discretion and directly attributed to you. My cell-phone number is … . If you should decide you have anything constructive to share, you can try to reach me by phone. All of our conversations will also be on the record, publishable at my discretion and directly attributed to you.” I haven’t heard back from the official. It was a step not taken lightly because the note essentially ended our working relationship.
    - See more at: http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/...-Will-Regret-This-Threat#sthash.RRXNQ7VI.dpuf

#31     Feb 28, 2013

2. Yeah, Caligula was the beginning of Rome's fall and it is noteworthy that while he was able to cower and blackmail the Roman Senate in the beginning..... but ended up pushing them too far.

#32     Feb 28, 2013

3. Parallels are striking. Extreme narcissist. Threw fits when he did not get recognition, and retaliated. Wasted Rome's assets and inheritance. Instituted a campaign of annihilation of all political rivals, the list goes on.

#33     Feb 28, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

Woodward will be on Hanity tonight on Fox. Hanity will get to the bottom of the actions of these trouble makers in the White House. :D

#34     Feb 28, 2013
  5. I recall early in the Obama's first term that Jim Cramer, a liberal democrat who raised a lot of money for the dems, offered up some mild criticism of Obama.

He was dragged onto Jon Stewart's show for a ritual shaming and public humiliation, which he took without complaint and basically begged forgiveness for his poor judgment. No doubt it was pointed out to him in private how quickly his CNBC career could end if he annoyed the wrong people.

I am sure Lanny Davis is equally horrified that he got on Obama's wrong side. He's looking at four years in the wilderness now and can only hope that Hillary will recall his name if she gets in. He mopped up Bill's sewage for years, so that should be worth something.

Woodward is a tougher case to decipher. Maybe he recognizes the line between politics and treachery. I doubt it, since he works for the Post. Maybe he was slighted in some unknown way by the White House and feels aggrieved.

#35     Feb 28, 2013
  6. This is not a one-time event. It's a pattern of behavior by the White House.

----------------------------------

"My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government." - President Barack Obama, January 2008
    ----------------------------

Two years later… March 2010.

"The Democratic administration of Barack Obama, who denounced his predecessor, George W. Bush, as the most secretive in history, is now denying more Freedom of Information Act requests than the Republican did."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar/21/nation/la-na-ticket21-2010mar21

----------------------------------------------------

One of the most disappointing attributes of the Obama administration has been its proclivity for secrecy. The president who committed himself to "an unprecedented level of openness in government" has followed the example of his predecessor by invoking the "state secrets" privilege to derail litigation about government misdeeds in the war on terror. He has refused to release the administration's secret interpretation of the Patriot Act, which two senators have described as alarming. He has blocked the dissemination of photographs documenting the abuse of prisoners by U.S. service members. And now his Justice Department has proposed to allow government agencies to lie about the existence of documents being sought under the Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA.

At present, if the government doesn't want to admit the existence of a document it believes to be exempt from FOIA, it may advise the person making the request that it can neither confirm nor deny the document's existence. Under the proposed regulation, an agency that withholds a document "will respond to the request as if the excluded records did not exist."

This policy is outrageous. It provides a license for the government to lie to its own people and makes a mockery of FOIA. It also would mislead citizens who might file an appeal if they knew there was a possibility that the document they sought was in the possession of a government agency. Such an appeal would allow a court to determine whether the requested document was covered by an exemption in FOIA.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/31/opinion/la-ed-secrets-20111031

#36     Feb 28, 2013
  7. wildchild

wildchild

Who employs Rick Santelli? How often is he critical of Obama? Has he lost his job because of it?

#37     Feb 28, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

I think you are right that something happened with Woodward and Obama. It seems like a year ago or a little less he started presenting more of an anti-Obama slant to his stories. It was like he was sitting on the end of the Obama team bench and as they squeezed Obama into the middle everybody moved over a little and Woodward fell of the end.

Nothing too serious. Just enough to piss a guy off.

That's my take on it anyway.

#38     Feb 28, 2013
  9. wildchild

wildchild

This is really damning for Obama. This isn't Hannity or Limbaugh or one of the other usual suspects that Obama targets. Woodward is a respected journalist and this is going to piss a lot of other journalists off. Now this is not going to bother bastards like Chris Matthews, Rachael Madcow, or a lot of other far left anti-Americans in the news media, but there are some in media that this will bother.

It doesn't surprise, some glaring examples where similar things happened is when Obama silenced Cory Booker and Diane Feinstein.

Of course Obama was just on TV a few days ago repeating the claim that he had the most transparent regime in history.

#39     Feb 28, 2013
  10. The rest of the media will treat it the same way they would if the guest of honor at a dinner party farted.

#40     Feb 28, 2013