Obama admin threatens woodward: "YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET DOING THIS'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 27, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

The brownshirts would be proud of Obama.

BOB WOODWARD: A 'Very Senior' White House Person Warned Me I'd 'Regret' What I'm Doing

Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said that the network invited a White House official to debate Woodward on-air, but the White House declined.
    "I think they're confused," Woodward said of the White House's pushback on his reporting.

Earlier today on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Woodward ripped into Obama in what has become an ongoing feud between the veteran Washington Post journalist and the White House. Woodward said Obama was showing a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.
    "Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said on MSNBC.

"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

Woodward began stirring controversy last weekend, when he called out Obama for what he said was "moving the goal posts" on the sequester by requesting that revenue be part of a deal to avert it.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-...reporting-price-politics-2013-2#ixzz2M9I4KJgJ

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Watching the news earlier the anchor mentioned "massive" spending cuts.

I'm thinking to myself: "less than 3% is "massive?".

3. JamesL

JamesL

Earlier today, one of the talking heads said that spending was up $100B over last year, so an 85B cut (actually 44 for the rest of the fiscal year, but we'll let this pass) means spending is still up 15B from the previous year.

So where again would these massive cuts be felt?

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm under the impression Odumbo and company are intentionally making the cuts hurt as much as less than 3% can be made to hurt. Just so the low information sheeple will contact their representatives demanding they reinstate the spending.

5. pspr

pspr

It's not even a cut in spending. It's a cut in the growth of spending. That fact just amplifies the lies by Obama and the Democraps through the roof.

But the sheep are still grazing and mumbling something about not cutting their feed.

As far as Woodward, threatening those who would expose you is nothing new for Obama. He even cut Politico out of the last press meeting because they ran one article that wasn't flattering to Obama.

Remember about all the stories of Obama "throwing this person or that person under the bus?"

6. That alone is grounds for impeachment.

Sequester-Gate.

7. pspr

pspr

Well, if Congress doesn't have the guts to impeach Obama, what about appointing a firing squad or holding a public hanging? :D

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'd be OK with that. Better yet I was thinking in terms of some medieval shit for his sorry ass.

9. wjk

wjk

Levin is in complete agreement.

10. jem

jem

the disruption one respected reporter can do if he calls out a politican's lies and politicial mistakes is wonderful.

It makes me yearn for a 4th estate that was doing its job relative to the left and the right.

Think of the relief all thinking americans could feel if we had a press corp who actually demanded the truth from our leaders.

#10     Feb 27, 2013