Obama admin has the Least Private sector experience since 1900

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Steelers Baby, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Help Wanted, No Private Sector Experience Required
    By Nick Schulz

November 25, 2009, 8:19 am

A friend sends along the following chart from a J.P. Morgan research report. It examines the prior private sector experience of the cabinet officials since 1900 that one might expect a president to turn to in seeking advice about helping the economy. It includes secretaries of State, Commerce, Treasury, Agriculture, Interior, Labor, Transportation, Energy, and Housing & Urban Development, and excludes Postmaster General, Navy, War, Health, Education & Welfare, Veterans Affairs, and Homeland Security—432 cabinet members in all.
    [​IMG]

When one considers that public sector employment has ranged since the 1950s at between 15 percent and 19 percent of the population, the makeup of the current cabinet—over 90 percent of its prior experience was in the public sector—is remarkable.

These are the guys we expect to get us out of this mess, we are screwed, less than 10% have any experience apart from the public sector, if you cant run a business how can you run a country.

2. Ricter

Ricter

If we could get the former heads of AIG, Lehman Brothers, etc., into political power we could get out of this mess! THEY know how to produce REAL change.

3. Obviously....:D

In all seriousness though, i trust someone who has run a business a hell of alot more than someone who has worked for the government their whole life and doesnt even know what a balanced budget is, obviously this doesnt apply to the AIG Lehman Brothers people. What is the difference between the ponzi scheme all these bankers ran and what Obama is doing right now though... printing and spending money like there is no tomorrow....

Both of them just spend money with no regard to any limitations/boundaries...... I am not arguing that the bush admin was any better, but it is about time one of these cocksuckers was simply forced to adhere to a balanced budget..... Unfortunately i feel that when The United States is finally forced to balance a budget the game is all over, and it will be catastrophic, not just for americans but for us Canadians as well.

4. In (sexuality)optional777's twisted logic he accused Grassley of "living off the tit, so i guess he will now come foreword and admit that MORE THAN 90% of the obama admin "LIVES OFF THE TIT" And they have all done so their entire lives.

A number which is more than 3 times greater than any other president, since 1900.

5. "he accused Grassley of "living off the tit"

No accusation, just a video of Grassley admitting it...

See 1:15 of the video below:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQM8SRwchyo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQM8SRwchyo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. I am sorry for what i said, i stepped out of line, have fun when it is someone you know....

7. Why do you assume I don't know someone and why I support health care for everyone?

8. dsq

dsq

if private sector is so important then how did the last admin fuck this country more royally than any other admin in the last 220yrs?Doesnt say much for the private sector huh?