Obama a poster child of affirmative action?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Copernicus, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ak15

ak15

That might be a tall order for these mighty fine folks.

#11     Jul 15, 2009
  2. do you two have an opinion of your own, or are you just going to be filling in this page with worthless comments?

#12     Jul 15, 2009
  3. Perhaps you're a bit too slow on the uptake to have caught the irony: an illiterate questioning the president's academic credentials.

Oh, and by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaHcZUHI00

#13     Jul 15, 2009
  4. No, evidently that would be your job.

#14     Jul 15, 2009
  5. ak15

ak15

I'll keep you on tenterhooks.

#15     Jul 15, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I caught it, but YOU are still a spelling Nazi.

#16     Jul 15, 2009
  7. spelling Nazi with his blindfolds on

#17     Jul 15, 2009
  8. I don't get this criticism. Proper spelling and grammar shows that one was successfully able to negotiate the 4th through the 9th grade. If on a trading site where we (supposedly) discuss money and banking and global economics one can't demonstrate grammar school mastery then why shouldn't they be ridiculed? Larger concepts certainly do escape them.

#18     Jul 15, 2009
  9. ak15

ak15

He had his "blindfolds on."

#19     Jul 16, 2009
  10. Obama may well be the beneficiary of affirmative action.

The idea behind affirmative action is to give those who would not otherwise have gotten a chance because of the known racial bias of white controlled institutions...a chance.

Just a chance.

What they make of that chance is then their own doing.

In the case of Obama becoming POTUS...you could say that was the byproduct of a different type of affirmative action.

The affirmation by the electorate that the republicans were no longer to be trusted.

So thank Bush, Cheney, McCain and the rest of the goons for affirming Obama right into office...

Oh, and GW was also the beneficiary of affirmative action, you know, the affirming that he would get away with drunk driving, be given an easy way to avoid Vietnam, be able to screw up in the private sector, etc., etc., etc.

#20     Jul 16, 2009