Obama a one term President, Really?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Yeah... the economy's great with record debt, U-6 unemployment at 16%, stagflation, etc.

#41     Mar 10, 2011
  2. Unfortunately I think that's right...

#42     Mar 10, 2011
  3. bone

bone

SPUCATUM TAURI

#43     Mar 10, 2011
  4. +1

#44     Mar 10, 2011
  5. pspr

pspr

The stock market being the best barometer of the economy in the next 6 months has been signaling a robust economy through possibly late 2011. There is little telling us what the economy will look like in mid-late 2012.

Unfortunately for Obama, even if we dismiss the disgust in America with his policies, we are about to see gasoline at $5 a gallon. That will sink Obama if it happens and stays there into 2012.

We are also racing toward a second economic crisis and dollar crisis. Either of those will sink Obama.

I also think there is some behind the scenes corruption in the Obama administration and if Cantor can uncover anything really bad that could also sink Obama depending upon how far removed he is from the problem.

Then there is the probable SCOTUS ruling that will find ObamaCare unconstitutional in 2012. This would paint Obama as a big loser since this is his key legislation success.

And, there are many other mis-steps that could result in American's view of Obama to deteriorate further into late 2012.

So, it is all up in the air right now and I see lots of trouble on the horizon for Barack.

#45     Mar 10, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, nice. And there's an idea for a new handle for scatophagos when he needs one.

But it's true, people vote their wallets.

#46     Mar 10, 2011
  7. bone

bone

The fact of the matter is that the Obama administration has by design and intent leveraged the BP Gulf Oil spill into a two year moratorium on domestic crude oil production, and apparently this will be policy during the entirety of his administration.

In 2009, according to the DOE and the World Bank, the USA ranked number 3 in the world in oil production. That's right, in 2009 the USA produced from domestic sources more crude oil than Iran and the UAE combined.

Barack Obama is seriously way, way, way in over his head. I am still awaiting that flash of Ivy League brilliance, be it foreign policy or domestic initiative. Big or small, just show me something.

#47     Mar 10, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

The U.S. is sitting on oil reserves that could be 10 times what was known just a couple years ago. Then we also have massive amounts of natural gas and methane hydrate. If we didn't have a green "my way or the highway" president we could just about be energy independent in a few years. Eventually alternative energy will be the way to go -- but not for another 30 to 50 years.

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/next-energy-news2.13s.html

#48     Mar 10, 2011
  9. bone

bone

Mark my words, this will be a very big issue next year. In fact, by all rights, it should be a defining issue for him. He has no standing to blame Bush for this beauty. I can't see us paying $2.55 for a gallon of gasoline in October 2012, and Obama has done everything humanly possible in terms of domestic energy policy and Mid-East foreign policy to put the interests of the United States of America into the worst position imaginable. In fact, that's a common theme for his administration.

#49     Mar 10, 2011
  10. That is an issue. Imma be pissed if we are paying four bucks a gallon and the President does nothing about it.

#50     Mar 10, 2011