Obama a one term President, Really?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Certainly a quantity of candidates. Overall quatlity, not sure. Also not too sure if any combine enough assets for an actual electoral run, at this point anyway. It seems that Huckabee keeps coming on strong, but then seems to say or do something that sets him back. Too bad, he has some good viewpoints. Don't think RNC heirarchy will get behind Palin or Gingrich. But, Romney may have an outside chance.

Will be an interesting media nightmare for the next year plus. More candidates, more advertising, might have to buy some stock in media companies.

c

#31     Mar 10, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

how do you guys come up with this? how can you say obama would win easily if the election were today? is it because there is no opponent? :)

you can't say that because you have no idea who a theoretical opponent is.

#32     Mar 10, 2011
  3. In 2016 look for a fellow by the name of Aaron Schock(R), Illinois

#33     Mar 10, 2011
  4. Interesting young guy, obviously pretty smart. Hopefully he'll be able to add a bit of youthfulness to the roster at some point.

c

#34     Mar 10, 2011
  5. cstfx

cstfx

The next President is going to be someone with administrative experience, i.e. a governor. Look at Presidential history for the past century and see where (i.e. experience) most of them come from.

#35     Mar 10, 2011
  6. Politics is not logical. I have finally learned this and may have voted for the last time.

If politics were logical, the conservatives on this board would be calling the President all kinds of bitches, whores, hags, and any other derisive thing they could think to call Hillary.

#36     Mar 10, 2011
  7. If that's what you think, there's hope :p

#37     Mar 10, 2011
  8. What makes YOU a joke is that you're Canadian yet you waste your life obsessing about us and our politics. See how that works?

#38     Mar 10, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

It can never be logical because we cannot all agree on first principles, and their myriad scenarios. Not to mention the complexity of the system.

Anyway, back to the topic, I myself subscribe to the "it's the economy, stupid" theory of elections. We're presently on track to an Obama second term, ceteris paribus.

#39     Mar 10, 2011
  10. I agree, hence the title of this thread.

#40     Mar 10, 2011