Obama a one term President, Really?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Mar 10, 2011.

1. bone

bone

"If the election were held today Obama would win easily. "

I don't think that's a foregone conclusion by any stretch. Charlie Cook foresees more bloodshed for Dems in the 2012 election cycle and thinks the Senate is entirely in play. The problem for the GOP is that the really good candidate possibilities don't want to run, and the really bright shining stars who would run are basically freshmen. There are some young Black, Latino, and Women Repubs who are going to be absolutely spectacular in the future. IMO, the older Repubs would favor Obama but the younger guns could defeat him easily. Sarah Palin is a joke and simply not electable. Mitt Romney is so white-bread it takes sunglasses to look at him. Chris Christy would smoke Obama in a landslide.

The only generalization that is safe at this point would be to say that polling aside, Obama has universally dissappointed everyone across the political spectrum. Would a Dem vote for him in 2012 ? Of course. Are they a bit sour on him ? Of course.

Sadly, Gerry Brown in California gets what Obama doesn't - the path to political success these days is to cut spending drastically, and then alter the tax structure.

That giant sucking sound in Northern Illinois is all of those companies looking for new headquarters space in Wisconsin.

#21     Mar 10, 2011
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol.

I keep thinking that Wisconsin should seek a special property tax assessment for lake homes owned by non-residents. It would essentially be a way to tax Illinois residents, from Wisconsin. :D

#22     Mar 10, 2011
  3. Little slow, thought I would check in on the children. By that I mean the name calling bunch. Odumbo etc. Really?

Anyway, your post sounds like it comes from an adult, regardless of political leanings. I'm curious as to who you think might be the good but unknown Republican candidates. This current list, is as you intimate, not really electable.

I actually enjoy much of the rare mature political discussions, but when all the little ones just grab a sound bite and call names, kinda makes one discount their blather.

But, seriously, who do you see in the wings?

c

#23     Mar 10, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

You are right on! Except I don't think Palin is a joke. I agree with nearly all of her views. But, you are right that she is not electable as President. I think it is the little squeak in her voice that makes her sound a bit childish. It doesn't lend itself to confidence. (Yes, little things like that matter.) And, she is too honest and down home.

#24     Mar 10, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yeah, really!

#25     Mar 10, 2011
  6. And THAT is what makes YOU a joke. See how that works?

#26     Mar 10, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

pspr is an American voter who is entitled to his opinion.
    You are a Canadian entitled to yours.

His opinion on Palin counts and your does not. See how that works?

#27     Mar 10, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

What? What? Did Gayfly say something bad about me? I put that vermin on ignore months ago so thanks for putting the crazy Canuck in his place for me. :D

#28     Mar 10, 2011
  9. bone

bone

Fascinating how the worst candidates throw their names up there first - Gingrich, Romney, Palin not by formal announcement but by every other means, Bachmann ditto Palin, etc.

Trump, interesting but probably not very practical. Daniels, maybe.

There are about fifteen or twenty "young guns" including Rubio, West, Christy, Ryan, Cantor, Noam, etc. who would be really strong IMO with a little more seasoning. Having said that, maybe experience should have been a bigger issue given Obama's resume.

#29     Mar 10, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#30     Mar 10, 2011