Obama A Big Disappointment To The World

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 12, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Grandiose promises followed by incompetence.

In Europe, where more than 200,000 people thronged a Berlin rally in 2008 to hear Barack Obama speak, there's disappointment that he hasn't kept his promise to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, and perceptions that he's shunting blame for the financial crisis across the Atlantic.

In Mogadishu, a former teacher wishes he had sent more economic assistance and fewer armed drones to fix Somalia's problems. And many in the Middle East wonder what became of Obama's vow, in a landmark 2009 speech at the University of Cairo, to forge a closer relationship with the Muslim world.

In a world weary of war and economic crises, and concerned about global climate change, the consensus is that Obama has not lived up to the lofty expectations that surrounded his 2008 election and Nobel Peace Prize a year later. Many in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America were also taken aback by his support for gay marriage, a taboo subject among religious conservatives.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-05-12-02-30-29

2. He's a big disappointment to everyone who has a brain and isn't living on government handouts.

Too bad half our country are idiotic parasites.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Exactly. Even if he is voted out it will always be in the back of my mind that the majority of Americans were stupid enough to vote for him in the first place.

4. 51212 - example follow up.

5. jem

jem

actually those with brains are not disappointed, I am sure you knew across the board failure would be the legacy of his policies.

We knew you can't fix a debt crises with stimulus to cronies.
    We knew you can't fix wall street if you have your staff filled with citi and goldman people.
    We knew that threaten cap and trade would destroy investment
    We knew that universal health company care was unconstitutional.

Trillions in govt handouts do not make an economy work.

6. This is a rich and bountiful sociological study, some have been here many years saying the same stuff. No evolution of thought of any kind.

7. Off topic, sort of. Just addressing the sub topic of cherry picking an article, and seeing the other jump on board to follow along. Without reading the article.

This is pretty common, on many boards. We found this from the extreme right and left.

On this one, I noted that the referenced article actually said this:

"But the Democrat still enjoys broad international support. In large part, it's because of unfavorable memories of his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush, and many people would still prefer Obama over his presumptive Republican challenger Mitt Romney."

So, the take away is that with the above, the thread title could have been.

Obama could have done more, but the world is still in his corner.

Just as easily.

8. Indeed, but dig deeper, they will reveal WHY thy have the slants. Dig, it is a treasure trove here.:)

9. Glad to have some help. I've spent a bunch of time on many of the forums, just trying to help. I have no horse in this or the political slant. I voted for Bush, I voted for Paul. I do think Obama got a pretty bad rap from my side, and dislike the whole political climate the last few years. I'm trying to vote for Romney, and likely will, but wish both sides would stop the bs, stick to real facts. Not MSNBC facts nor Fox facts.

As far as digging, glad to pass anything you have along. Thanks for the help.

And, for what it's worth. I respect your service to our Country, regardless of your politics. And your profession is one of the best available, to any gender. I'm a bit shocked at what a nurse can make in California, I must say, but good for your profession.

10. pspr

pspr

It's the AP you idiot. They are bought and paid for by Obama. If they say what I posted about Obama you know he is in deep trouble.

We all are beginning to realize that Obama will be remembered as the one-term wonder who nearly tore our country apart.

#10     May 12, 2012