Obama 44% Christie 43%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I didn't, had no reason to then and even less reason to in 2012.

What are you doing here anyway? I thought I told you to go buy a large quantity of brain grow and apply it liberally.

#11     Sep 30, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/106070" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Al Sharpton: 'Put Governor Christie In Jail For 90 Days' To Lose Weight

By Noel Sheppard | September 30, 2011 | 10:11

As NewsBusters has been reporting, the media's obsession with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's weight has become totally absurd.

On Friday's "Morning Joe," during a discussion about obesity prompted by a pathetic column by the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson entitled "Christie's Hefty Burden," MSNBC's Al Sharpton joked, "So what I think we should do is put Governor Christie in jail for 90 days" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

AL SHARPTON, MSNBC: I lost 120 pounds.

JOE SCARBOROUGH, HOST: And how did you do it?

SHARPTON: It started, I lead a protest in Vieques, Puerto Rico, around navy bombings, and I went on a fast when I went to jail. When I came out, I had realized I could conquer my appetite. Most of what we eat is what we think we want.

SCARBOROUGH: So it’s the Al Sharpton Jailhouse Diet. You should do a book.

SHARPTON: So what I think we should do is put Governor Christie in jail for 90 days. No, you don’t want real people on my diet. But I do think that it is very important that we do stress, I think Mika’s right, the obesity problem.

Let's be clear that Sharpton was joking. However, would he make such a joke if Christie was a Democrat or a woman?

Manhattan has a United States Congressman named Jerry Nadler who's served since 1992. Has there ever been this kind of focus on his obesity?

Or what about liberal darling Michael Moore?

The reality is there's always something media members find to try to disqualify conservatives from being president, and despite Christie still having not announced he's running, the Left are out in force ridiculing his weight.

Just imagine what the attacks will be like if he actually enters the race.

Perish the thought.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...ristie-jail-90-days-lose-weight#ixzz1ZSGO2unz

#12     Sep 30, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

It will be interesting to watch the party of tolerance savagely belittle Christie for his weight for the next 9 years, if he runs, and inevitably wins the presidency.

#13     Sep 30, 2011
  4. There shouldn't be anywhere near 44% approval...

#14     Sep 30, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Shrug. Where's that thread about so and so's thighs? Or mouth? Etc. Come to think of it, it will not be interesting at all.

#15     Sep 30, 2011
  6. JamesL

JamesL

But you're supposed to be the PARTY of TOLERANCE and INCLUSION, or, as with blind allegiance to your clueless leader, is it the "Well, he said it first!" blame another/not my fault mantra?

#16     Sep 30, 2011
  7. JamesL

JamesL

Nadler has lost a shitload of weight over the past few years. He's a shadow of his former self.

BTW, the jailhouse reference had little to do with weight - it was more subliminal, IMO.

#17     Sep 30, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

You will never hear me make the claim that im tolerant. In fact i pride myself on being incredibly intolerant of liberal stupidity. :D

#18     Sep 30, 2011
  9. JamesL

JamesL

44% of the people will ALWAYS vote Dem and a similar percentage will ALWAYS vote Rep.

Elections are just beauty contests intended for those ~10% of the populace who are looking to be asked to the dance.

#19     Sep 30, 2011
  10. Do not, EVER, underestimate the stupidity of american public.
    They like Oprah,Bob Dole, Mc Cain,Al Gore and Kate Couric, the american sweetheart. Just a bunch of lazy, fat and stupid retards

#20     Sep 30, 2011