Obama = 1 Trillion dollar deficit

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Joab, Jun 30, 2008.

1. In Japan, the students clean the schools, and the buildings are as basic as you can get.

Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself. I'm talking 40 and 50 year old buildings, sparsely cooled or heated.

Yet, Japanese students crush U.S. students by any metric.

Throwing money at education doesn't improve it when society is dysfunctional.

#51     Jul 1, 2008
  2. Very true... I was fortunate to visit Japan several years ago.

One thing I will say, however, is that the youth is actually gradually rebelling against the former "system" as you would say. One reason for this though is the influence of Western society and norms.

#52     Jul 1, 2008
  3. #53     Jul 5, 2008
  4. Wrong.

The winner recycles the old party members to be part of his government.

It's like marriage - you end up getting the person's family too.....:D

#54     Jul 5, 2008
  5. These sensationalist headlines are hilarious.

I'm sure you think a Third Bush term is the best option?

Too funny.

#55     Jul 5, 2008
  6. hayman

hayman

Let us not forget that the National debt has gone from 5 TT to almost 9.5 TT (an increase of approx. 90 %) under Bush's watch.

I pity the poor bastard (probably Obama) that inherits the pile of *&^t that he is inheriting from Bush. Democrat or Republican in ideology, Bush certainly will go down as the worst President of my lifetime, and this includes turkeys like Johnson, Carter, and Bush Sr. It is almost criminal to think that he will be getting a pension from us taxpayers.

#56     Jul 5, 2008
  7. Wait until you heard about the millions that that bastard will be making for stupid speeches, after he leaves the white house.

#57     Jul 5, 2008
  8. Hey Joab, I thought I read somewhere that you're in Canada.

So why do you care about our coming $trillion deficit? You gloating about how much you'll be able to buy in the US with your Loonies?

#58     Jul 5, 2008
  9. Joab

Joab

Sandy,

Yes this is true BUT unfortunately the US is Canada's largest importer (as we are yours).

What that means is our customer is going to be bankrupt and not be able to afford our raw materials.

Rich US = Rich World

Poor US = Poor World

At least this is the status quo for now.

#59     Jul 6, 2008
  10. G W Bush? Paid to make speeches?

Maybe if he did the line about gynecologists "sharing their love" or "Fool me once, shame on you.......we don't get fooled again."

Could be the makings of a great comedy routine...:D

#60     Jul 6, 2008