Obama = 1 Trillion dollar deficit

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Joab, Jun 30, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Unfortunately, NOTHING WILL HELP UNTIL 100 MILLION AMERICAN CITIZENS "GET IT" and therefore are able to mount a movement of real change.... Not likely in our lifetime.

Unfortunately, it's "all about the money"... not about America and its people, as it was in 1824.

Read a little about Andrew Jackson... the comparison to now will make you lose your lunch.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that if I had the chance to meet the President... would I rather shake his hands or piss on his shoes? I'd choose the latter. And I'm a Vietnam War veteran... :mad:

#41     Jun 30, 2008
  2. without the war effort, major depression rah rah rah...

the war effort shifts attention from domestic issues and keeps the bomb making factories running..........

#42     Jun 30, 2008
  3. Couldn't agree more!! Obama's top advisor is Zbigniew Brzezinski!!! If Obama is elected and Brzezinski gets his way we will have MORE war than we had with Dubya, with the very real possibility of a Russian/Chinese War (ZB's wet dream). Anyone (especially young ignorant people) who believe Obama is a messiah needs to wake the F'up. He does not represent HOPE but he is being MARKETED that way.

#43     Jun 30, 2008
  4. dinoman

dinoman

Cheers!

#44     Jun 30, 2008
  5. Fortunately you should complain about whatever state you live in. Most of the funding for schools and local roads comes from property taxes.

#45     Jul 1, 2008
  6. That's quite true, sir. My state and local government need to lay off 70% of their employees, to reign in taxpayer waste.

Every time I see another Fire Station that looks like an incredible office building being built, or a high school the size of a university, I get enraged.

How many fires are there a year? We already have eleventy hundred fire stations.

#46     Jul 1, 2008
  7. clacy

clacy

So which is it ByLoSellHi, do you want to reinvest in badly needed infrastructure as you said in your earlier post, or do you want to reduce overall spending and taxes?

Seems like you're a little conflicting here.

#47     Jul 1, 2008
  8. We can criticize both Obama and McCain, but one of them is obviously going to become the next president of the United States (provided there is no assassination).

At this point, we should recognize the "lesser of two evils". For me, the most important issues are foreign policy and the economy.

IMO, Obama's foreign policy is "better" than that of McCain. Although Obama supports Israel's cause (which is a huge reason for 9/11; ask any person in the Middle East), at least he hasn't openly advocated going to war with Iran as McCain has. He also does not support "the surge" of more troops going to the Middle East, but rather advocates that troops return from the region.

Foreign Policy Winner: Obama

The second equally important issue is the economy. Any person that follows politics knows that McCain is entirely clueless on the subject. Furthermore, although I support "traditional Republican" economic principles such as a free market and no social welfare spending, what we learned from Bush's time in office is that a Republican can no longer be trusted. Don't just blame Bush for all of the spending, because the Congress is equally responsible. McCain is among the most proponent members of the Senate obviously. Unlike Paul, there is no indication that McCain will be a fiscal conservative. Look at his voting record - no wonder why they call him a RINO (Republican in name only). So to sum it up, I prefer a candidate that is educated on the economy even though he might spend some money on social programs. But the Republicans have spent that money too.

Economics Winner: Obama

#48     Jul 1, 2008
  9. I already told you.

Take the money being spent on foreign misadventures (we'll be in the trillions in Iraq, and may be able to save a trillion, if we form the right policy soon - as in, leave), and redeploy it at the federal and state level to rebuild infrastructure.

There will be enough left over to reduce taxes, and also throw a big party for every U.S. Taxpayer with the finest meats and cheeses.

#49     Jul 1, 2008
  10. Have ample fire cover for me is a blessing (wild fires in california can be really bad), and high schools are a must. If you're going to build a high school, build it right.

Education gets worse as you go higher through the public school system.

#50     Jul 1, 2008