Oanda

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by sirpangolin, Mar 3, 2006.

Are you down with Oanda?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2006.
  1. Yup

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Nope

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Still haven't decided...

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Paccc

Paccc

But doesn't their API cost $600/mo?

-- Paccc

#41     Mar 3, 2006
  2. nope...just do your 12 million...you just lose the original 600 in the first month...

you complete your first 12 million early on in the month...then you can stop tradiing or make more dollars....its up to you

#42     Mar 3, 2006
  3. WTF??

#43     Mar 3, 2006
  4. look in Beta Game....I think its XAU and XAG or something like that...I haven't looked yet, just read it on the Oanda boards...

#44     Mar 3, 2006
  5. Kickass! I'm on hold right now with them ...trying to find out what the idea is on timing for release into the real platform.

You got any word on it?

#45     Mar 3, 2006
  6. nope...let us know...

#46     Mar 3, 2006
  7. I will tell you something...

If Oanda had 200:1 or 400:1, for the retail gamblers, and trailing stops and deeper histories....every trader on the planet would use them...

I personnaly do not mind Oanda's antiquated charts...as they are quite functional and I USE EVERYTHING and I do not come near 50:1...let alone 7:1....

if they were to just get block trading....I would be doin' the gecko...Oanda is the "bomb"

Michael B.

#47     Mar 3, 2006
  8. I talked to their customer service today and they told me that they are working on adding weekly charts. Not sure when they will be functional. They said it could be by this summer. That would be a great addition to an already great site!:D :p :)

#48     Mar 3, 2006
  9. I need some history on those charts. It's silly. I can't even throw up a simple EMA...

#49     Mar 4, 2006
  10. Yes, there are many good things to be said about Oanda, I use them as well (one of my accounts). Unfortunately, I have relatively little money with them as compared to my other two brokers (both Canadian). If Oanda had CIPF insurance in Canada (as IB does) I would deposit ALL my money with Oanda and probably stay with them forever, but they don't:(
    I think the equivalent in the USA is FDIC insurance, which again unfortunately they don't have
    :(
    So after what hapenned with Refco I can't put my money with any broker without insurance.

Can anybody tell me why is this? Is it too expensive or complicated for a broker to have a CIPF insurance?

As far as Oanda platform is concerned I agree with ES, it is so far out there ahead of everybody and I just love it. On a scale 1-10 Oanda would be 9 and second best broker probably 3.
    The fractional entry feature is the best thing ever invented in forex trading, you don't have to use stupid 'Lots"

If you are reading this Oanda, get CIPF insurance and I am closing all other accounts!!!! You will be my only broker :) :) :)

#50     Mar 4, 2006