Oanda users question

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by ForexPro, May 12, 2006.

1. I am just to about to fund an account with Oanda. I asked the live heklp about scalping. I said if i take regular short profits, is this allowed. The answered something about "latency trading" and when I asked again, they said they welcome all trading styles. I want to start off on a correct footing. What do Oanda let you do and not let you do?

For instance, if i put a trade on and I wish to close it 1 minute later is that allowed?

2. plax

plax

I've often done sub 1 minute trades with them over the last 2 yrs with no problem. Just remember all orders with them are market orders.

3. Hi plax,

What is latency trading they refer to? How do you know you are not doing it accidentally? Are there any differences in execution between the demo and real trade software?

In in all, they seem a good company. Have you had any problems with them?

4. napa

napa

Latency trading is exploiting slight time variations of quotes coming from different sources. Works best on very fast moving markets. You cannot do that accidentally.

There can be neglible differences on quotes between demo and real software, but none on execution quality that i'm aware of.

I haven't had any problems with them.