Oanda Trading Platform

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by drycleaner41, Jun 6, 2008.

1. bkveen3

bkveen3

i mean i haven't seen anything like this yet. Been using their game account for a couple months to see if I like it. I do.

#11     Jul 15, 2008
  2. there is a bigger topic about it

"OANDA - ADD YOUR SCAM SCREENS HERE"

the first 20 pages are less important, but read all and spare Your money :)

#12     Jul 15, 2008
  3. bkveen3

bkveen3

I did read it. And like I said I haven't experienced such problems. There is the possibility that someone actually purchased contracts at those prices. I mean you could do a limit order to sell below market value? It would be dumb but possible. It would account for such spikes. If there is no news and you are confident in your trade then ignore them. I haven't had the problem yet but thats what I'll do.

#13     Jul 15, 2008
  4. OANDA may be having some people to distract new traders from thinking, but if You think of starting this business, think of another broker.

The spikes shown have no explanation, besides of the fact, that OANDA IS STEALING MONEY!!!

Now it is happening more often. For everyone interested in forex "OANDA ADD YOUR SCAM SCREENS HERE" - it is a post to read...

#14     Jul 15, 2008
  5. LOOK AGAIN.... all the stops up to 62% fibonacci resistance were taken out... good strategy, and the traders reinstated the trade again, and the spike went up again.... so they entered the trade again... and.... GUES WHAT??? :mad:

Finally it will probably go down, but OANDA made a couple of bucks on this.

IT IS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE! OANDA IS NOT WORTH TRUSTING TO FOR SURE.

#15     Jul 15, 2008
  6. Limit Sell below market price? I think you'll find on most platforms that manage these orders correctly it's:

Stop Buy above market price
    Stop Sell below market price

Limit Buy below market price
    Limit Sell above market price

Why would it be dumb to Stop Sell below market though, you could be waiting for a breakout and not want to enter a trade unless it broke out.

Anyways, fills are going to be a whole lot different live than demo and some of these spikes and off quotes do not appear on any other platform which is suspicious to say the least!

#16     Jul 15, 2008
  7. I had both my Trade and Game platform open when this happened and it occurred on both platforms.

I was testing some strategies on the Game and went long the E/U at 5876 and was able to close it out at 5907 with a market order. Of course this was the Game platform.

I tried to get an order in on my Trade platform to short at that 5907 area but the spike just cleared before I could get the real order in.

#17     Jul 15, 2008
  8. Just read on the Oanda forum that they are rolling back trades caught in the spike.

#18     Jul 15, 2008