OANDA shutting down on news

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by trade2live, Dec 1, 2010.

1. drm7

drm7

Did Oanda go down at the London open? I was asleep, but, when I looked at a chart of the early morning action, I saw three flat ticks on a 15 minute chart starting at 3:00am EST, which implied "no quotes".

#31     Dec 9, 2010
  2. no
    must have had something to do with you being asleep ;

#32     Dec 9, 2010
  3. Out again.
    As stated before, I don't scalp.
    The Cherokee nation would have put me on the "B" squad.

#33     Dec 15, 2010
  4. Do you get an update every other day as well ? They update the platform all the time now if you use the desktop app. They didn't do that in the past.
    Well it puzzles me as to why they do this, the platform sees no improvement from the updates. Maybe I am paranoid, but I guess a broker could do this after spying on your trading pattern with some reporting tool . Then couldn't they update the platform regularly to conform to your pattern so as to slowdown when your activity picks up around news or stream "special "quotes only for you and a few others?

I noticed that different accounts rarely shut down at the same time, the better performing and more agressive account is most affected (but that may also be because I am more active in that account so I see more problems).

#34     Dec 17, 2010
  5. cvds16

cvds16

you can perfectly scalp with oanda, trying to game the FED is just pure stupidity though. Everybody that trades with oanda knows they open up their spreads at news times. get forexfactory for that. it's just simple how to do things but you need some common sense.

#35     Dec 17, 2010
  6. True. Being on the wrong side of the trade is not Oandas fault.
    I agree, the platform can be scalped, with the right skills.
    Old Cabletrader proved it day after day, with screen shots.

Edit: What updates?

#36     Dec 17, 2010
  7. TRS

TRS

Yes, I recall Cabletrader successfully short term trading with Oanda.
    I also recall Cabletrader having problems with what he perceived to be Oanda trade platform issues.

#37     Dec 17, 2010
  8. cvds16

cvds16

yes you are paranoid :D

#38     Dec 17, 2010
  9. cvds16

cvds16

it's only very rarely that the platform goes down, if you scalp you got a disaster stop in. I am in a chatroom with several people using oanda, most of the time when it goes down it's more a problem with someone's pc not being right or internet trouble, you can't expect oanda to take care of that.

#39     Dec 17, 2010
  10. TRS

TRS

Fair enough. I believe cabletraders' complaint concerned execution. Remember following the discussion both on ET and at OANDA forum. Was quite entertaining :D
    Good to hear it's working for you guys.

#40     Dec 17, 2010