Oanda Ripoff prices

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Kicking, Oct 24, 2008.

1. So the cutoff time is 3:45 pm ? In my mind it was 4pm .
    In the Fx market isn't it 5 pm EST the actual rollover or end of the day even on Friday?
    What I hate about Oanda is their charts that don't use the 5pm close but a 12 am EST close and don't aggregate weekend data with Monday data. I have made trading decisions based on that not realizing and lost money. It may have been for other reasons as well but still they could use the conventional trading hours in their data .

As far as spreads during the session, I don't really look at them anymore . I just know that it's become impossible to trade news with them because you'll get quotes as far as 50 pips away from the market, your stops will be gunned and you will have a big loss as soon as you enter a position. The days you could make a buck trading news are gone, at leastwith Oanda and most FX brokers IMO.

#11     Oct 25, 2008
  2. I dont think there is any cut off time. They post the best spread they can based on what they get themselves. In reality there is no such thing as fixed spread. They market it this way but it means most of the time. So you want to be happy most of the time.

#12     Oct 25, 2008
  3. Anyone has the (pre-session or whatever it is called) lows for cable and the high for the Swissie this sunday night ? I am short dollars since Friday close and saw all the pairs go against me as Oanda reopened. Now the dollar is selling off . Looks like stop gunning big time , if not by Oanda someone else

#13     Nov 16, 2008
  4. I've got 14644 for the low cable and 12017 for the USD/CHF. Looks like some stops were hit around 12000

Cheers

#14     Nov 16, 2008
  5. WTF ! platform does not update and my stop order to add to my longs in cable doesn't show executed , cable went right through it when platform was down (no updates) and I see nothing in account .

whata ripoff I just tried a 1k order "at 1.5045" (stale quotes) and instead I got executed at market price 1.5195! Good thing I didnt believe I had a free lunch here, futures are already pulling back ! Meanwhile my stop order is not getting executed. That order/trade better hold `!

#15     Nov 19, 2008
  6. Experienced very strange behavior with prices not updating too. Lucky I had no position even if the market moved dramatically during the technical glitch.

#16     Nov 19, 2008