Oanda refuses withdrawal

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by fmmwabrd, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Smells like a bot trying to smear Oanda.

#11     Oct 10, 2019
    VPhantom and luisHK like this.
  2. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Could be.

#12     Oct 10, 2019
  3. fmmwabrd

fmmwabrd

The background is this:
    I changed my banking, deleted the old bank account from Oanda and added the new one.
    They refuse withdrawals to the new account asking for proof that my old bank account is closed.
    The old account was closed over a month ago and since I am no longer a client at that bank
    they do not provide any proof for me that the account is closed.
    So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, asking to prove something I don't
    have is not reasonable...it's impossibility of reason!

Sorry for the harshness of my previous post, I just really don't know what to do.

Cheers,
    Jakab Tanko

#13     Oct 11, 2019
    VPhantom and Snuskpelle like this.
  4. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

"since I am no longer a client at that bank they do not provide any proof for me that the account is closed."

Depending on how much money we're talking about, it's probably worth paying your old bank for their time (worst case) or again temporarily become a client... unless your bank somehow has deleted you from their records?

#14     Oct 11, 2019
  5. maxinger

maxinger

Now we understand your position.

It is odd Oanda insisted that money must be credited to your original (old ) account.
    ask them to give you cheque.

#15     Oct 11, 2019
    VPhantom likes this.
  6. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

They take extra care not to get fined by the FTC because all they know you could be cleaning money for a cartel. So my advice is to go and talk to the bank manager and ask for your last bank statement. They by law have to give you that and that's all the proof you need.

#16     Oct 11, 2019
    VPhantom, athlonmank8 and Snuskpelle like this.
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Fwiw several customers in HK had problem getting their last account statement after they closed their HSBC account there (often at the request of HSBC whose AML department went nuts after 2015). I for sure didn´t receive the statement HSBC said they would send and my CPA, despite needing it to close the company accounts, advised me to give up as other customers of his went nowhere with the same request. One could be happy to have been able to take the balance out of their closed HSBC accounts without major issue...
    Not sure about Oanda's rules, but it´s possible OP account had restrictions imposed and they insist on sending the money to the same account/country

#17     Oct 11, 2019
    VPhantom likes this.
  8. fmmwabrd

fmmwabrd

Thanks for the replies. The sum I am trying to withdraw is small (1200 Euros),
    I just give up on it, I am tired of this hassle, let them have it...

Cheers,
    J.tanko

#18     Oct 11, 2019
  9. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Now I'm calling BULLSHIT.. You're most likely a Forex.com rep smearing Oanda. No real person leaves money on the table like that. I'd be contacting the CEO as a last resort, not giving up. You're lying!!

#19     Oct 11, 2019
    VPhantom, RedDuke and DevBru like this.
  10. DevBru

DevBru

Why don't you give some more information?
    So you are saying you tried to withdraw your money and they just said: Nope, not happening?

Impossible.

#20     Oct 11, 2019