Oanda policy doenst make sense

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by danmb280, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Reealjrd

Reealjrd

OANDA had no problems at all. Trades are always quick to fill, never gotten a requote, and there are no problems withdrawing funds. No slippage, excellent customer service, Good spread, good lot size etc are impressive.

#11     Jun 9, 2009
  2. I really don't understand what you guys are talking about. Say you open one position all at once for 1000 units long. You can scale it out by just using orders of say 250 or 500 or whatever units in the short direction. The original long position is reduced in size when the scale out orders are executed.

Maybe if you have a composite long position that you scaled into, that's what you're talking about? Your composite 1000 unit long actually consists of say 4 separate entries of 250 each, done at different times. Then if you did short orders to scale out, I guess the picking algorithm is affected by the new rule. i.e. scaling out the oldest position first.

Is that it?

#12     Jun 9, 2009
  3. They are referring to multiple positions. So in your example, one 1000 unit trade and 2nd 1000 unit trade and then having the ability to scale out of the 2nd position without affecting the first.

#13     Jun 9, 2009
  4. OK gotcha. So break up each position into pieces that you might scale out with later.

The risk of breaking them up like this is slippage on the individual pieces as the market moves around. Still might be worth it as long as things aren't moving too fast on entry.

#14     Jun 9, 2009