Oanda or IB?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by dtjohnson01, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Agree.

Most importantly a trader would require a very good platform that can facilitate the development of a profitable system, while using limited resources particularly when concerning minimum risk capital.

So make a wise decisions by yourself.

#51     Feb 8, 2008
  2. ssss

ssss

#52     Feb 8, 2008
  3. With societe general we saw that only one trader blew up 7bln$
    So you guys quoting oanda or ib or fxcm as safe with 50mln$ is just risky.. I am an ex refco client who was stuck in after they went bankrupt for more than 3 years...the good thing is i just received a check...the bad thing is the amount i received..43% of my balance! less the interest i lost if i placed my money in a regular bank account or traded it on any other financial markets.

So today saying that 50mln$ for a broker is a guarantie is just rediculos...its sure more than the small brokers who have 1 mln$ or 2 in capital...but 50mln$ is not that high if we consider that some brokerage do inhouse tradings and if regulation and controle are not rigouros, a societe general scandale can happen to any of these...and go looking after your money than...I think its not the capital the only matrix we should be looking here...the capital protection is one a good matrix (sipi for instance) also another one whish shows a transparency of the brokers such as segregating clients accounts and the inhouse accounts, also a regulation by the nfa or any legal authority who guaranties that clients accounts should be protected in all means from any use for internal purpose that capital raise or margin call for the broker at a tiers party..etc

ZC

#53     Feb 8, 2008
  4. Sorry for all the gramatical mistakes and orthogarph...i am a good french trader though...:)

#54     Feb 8, 2008
  5. ssss

ssss

Comandatore

New Post 02-08-08 02:30 PM

With societe general we saw that only one trader blew up 7bln$
    So you guys quoting oanda or ib or fxcm as safe with 50mln$ is just risky.. I am an ex refco client who was stuck in after they went bankrupt for more than 3 years...the good thing is i just received a check...the bad thing is the amount i received..43% of my balance! less the interest i lost if i placed my money in a regular bank account or traded it on any other financial markets.

All CFTC broker are not SIPC protected

Divide accounts from small capital's
    use SEC broker (OXPS,SWIM,IBKR) ,
    which offer trading
    with CFTC product ,after trading end,switch
    money to SIPC account

#55     Feb 8, 2008
  6. thank you ssss for your advice!
    what do you mean after trading ends (with cftc product) switch to SIPC account....do SEC broker offers SIPC accounts,?

#56     Feb 8, 2008
  7. ssss

ssss

thank you ssss for your advice!
    what do you mean after trading ends (with cftc product) switch to SIPC account....do SEC broker offers SIPC accounts,?

Yes ,if you trade by SEC broker ,which offer
    CFTC future to end of the day you can switch
    cash from CFTC account to SEC account .

SEC account protected untill 100 k$ -25 mln $ ,alsov in case if broker with clients money going illegal to columbia or thailand for 20 years

Public noted broker ,which offer

OXPS -www.optionsxpress.com
    SWIM -www.thinkorswim.com

IBKR -this is not pure agent of principal ,traded against client interess through TMWD

All have some 1 bln$ market value

Attention ! Author have had legal issue with Thinkorswim owner (author won with court help)

OANDA appel to mass public with she#s chart ,no more.She is market maker as IBKR

www.mbtrading.com offer alsov good chart
    SIPC protected account and future with
    cheap price .

But it is privat , and owner performed public
    lies on ET -stated ,that MBT is pure agency .
    It is not (read MBT client agreement -
    company undertake proprietary trading activities )

#57     Feb 8, 2008
    #58     Feb 8, 2008
  9. One thing more - the only 2 reasons why, really like Oanda are:

-the ability to play microlots with a small initial capital, so You can learn Your emotions with real money trading, good for the dawn of a trader

-5 sec charts - If You know a good method, they can give You an insight in structure of "emotions" of the market, which sometimes decides about several tens of pips lost or gained

#59     Feb 8, 2008
  10. ssss

ssss

No any value . mbtrading ,hotspotfx offer ECN
    with 10 best bid ask + chart which you wish

you can find alsov good chart by some future fX broker -transact ,cTS t4 &

OANDA ,FXCM,GFT,FXSOL ,GAIN have most
    capital

but SEC public noted broker which offer
    future fx have 10 time more capital

OXPS ,SWIM ,IBKR
    INTRADAY margin offered for ECH8