Oanda or IB?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by dtjohnson01, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Oh, you've got a red rag when it comes to complaining about Oanda alright, but it's not in front of a charging bull!

#31     Jan 28, 2008
  2. That's a relief!

But I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out the obvious. You've got to admit though, Oanda is a bit 'Toys 'R' Us', and their forum must be an embarrassment.

Their whole store front gives the impression of a polished used car dealership's sales pitch while they're busy cut-and-shutting and clocking motors behind the scenes!

#32     Jan 28, 2008
  3. For the record, Oanda doesn't have clients on "manual" execution. There is no trading desk per se. Oanda makes a market, but doesn't target or trade against it's clients.

#33     Jan 28, 2008
  4. lol, yeah, ok :p

#34     Jan 28, 2008
  5. the forum is a complete and total joke. Take that guy from this forum who spams about PAL and SWC all the time, add a few Stock_trad3r type permabulls, mix them up with a whole slew of really, REALLY bad grammarians from some overcrowded English as a Second Language classroom, and you've got the Oanda forums. I go there once in a blue moon.

The platform is "simplistic". That's the word I'd use. But you can't make a statement about how it's not for serious traders. Some serious traders (like myself) prefer to use them for trading and everything else for the analysis. I like it that way. Just because you don't, well so what?

Again, I give credit where it is due and slam on those things that need to be stomped on. That's called "fair and balanced". Yeah, I'm the FNC for Oanda.

#35     Jan 28, 2008

6. The forum is a cross section of the average Oanda client, it's a representation of who they are and who their clients are. Even Stumm's posts speak volumes about the people behind the company.

It's not just the forum though, it the whole thing from beginning to end, including their morose helpdesk staff.

Anyway, it's the choice of the individual, when I traded there I felt like the only grown-up in a playground full of children betting their pocket money. I prefer to deal with a professional company with knowledgable staff, trade on a versatile, robust and reliable platform, see quotes and spreads which reflect the underlying market, have dealers I can reach by phone if neccessary, with support from a dedicated IT team, and a reachable backoffice. But that's just me, I'm kinda quirky that way when it comes to money :)

#36     Jan 28, 2008
  7. drasfs

drasfs

Day dreaming?

#37     Jan 28, 2008
  8. I should imagine it is for the average Oanda client :p

#38     Jan 28, 2008
  9. drasfs

drasfs

Lol.So who is the broker? You never leave any hints, so i'm assuming you are keeping it a secret.

I would however love them to be reachable. I would just threaten to bark in and cause havoc if they do any ill deeds to my account.

#39     Jan 28, 2008
  10. It's "knowledgeable", but I can decipher your intent through your numerous grammatical-errors. You can drop the extra "C" in necessary as well. I'll admit, you sound like a real pro.

#40     Jan 28, 2008