Oanda on a Mac

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Birch71, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Birch71

Birch71

Who's doing this??

I have a 15" G4 powerbook that get's hung up all too often and I'm looking for ideas... and switching back to Windows isn't one of them...

Let's hear about your your Mac trading setups!!

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You'll find that your hanging up problems will go away by upgrading to the intel-based macbook pro. They are way faster than the G4-based machines, and therefore handle Java-based apps like Oanda's platform with no sweat at all.

3. ballyhoo

ballyhoo

Run Oanda on a G5, no problems, even a small iBook clamshell with G3 is working. Hope i could help.

4. Interesting that Baron trades at Oanda.

5. ja, new macs are much faster than they predecessors ....g3/g4 suck too much cpu hinderin' your tradin'. go for dual core and u'll be happy....and uh, oh, yeah...fuck windows...cheap shit for the masses :D

6. fxmike

fxmike

use intel based Mac with Oanda as backup machine. Never had any problems. Very stable.

7. i trade on a mac i have 2 macs one setup is:

macbook with leopard 10.5.x on it using when im on the go

the next is a new stack 3tb storage 7gb ram running on a FIOS with oanda running it runs vmwarefusion with integrated windows support.

8. fxmike

fxmike

How is Fios working for you compared to any other connections you've had?

9. eh its ok its really not a huge upgrade from cable they make it sound like its faster then it really is.. reliability is great tho