OANDA = OFF-exchange broker (MM) Their risk disclosure says it all: look!

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by aForexMinute, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Tresor

Tresor

aForexMinute,

You did a great job :)

Thank you very much for this. May I suggest a thead in which you and other forex traders could contibute and write recommendation on which broker is the real one?

#11     Jan 26, 2010
  2. aForexMinute, you're a moron
    "With an ECN broker- I can easily make 50-60 trades with no losses. Can't do that on an
    off exchange"

standard boiler-plate contract intended to disclose and inform the prospective client -
    is it any different to the ecn broker contract ?
    "exchange-traded contracts" = futures contracts
    "OANDA’s trading system is designed to automatically liquidate all open positions if your
    margin deposit is in jeopardy" = overloss protection, something that doesn't exist when
    trading futures — a Large plus
    "Your trading account is not insured under any state or Federal insurance program or by
    any other entity." = no fx broker, ecn or otherwise is insured, in Canada it's an opt-in policy
    "In the event OANDA should become insolvent or file for protection under the bankruptcy laws,
    it is possible that you would lose the entire amount in your Margin Account" = same
    for All brokers and ANY business anywhere in the world except bank accounts

as davidmaria1 said, you're "Shilling for a schilling"

i'm quite satisfied trading with Oanda and Know their price data is accurate, i receive instant
    fills on entry/exit, during rth their spread is 0.9pips and a note
    according to their Nov/09 CFTC filing, Oanda's Net Capital is $164,766,421 for comparison,
    FXCM's is $68,574,018 - they have 150,000 live accounts
    http://www.cftc.gov/ucm/groups/public/@financialdataforfcms/documents/file/fcmdata1109.pdf

only a few years ago ecn brokers required a minimum $25-50,000 margin in order to open
    an account with them, their margin requirements may now be lower, the average amount
    retail fx traders deposit with brokers is $2,000, much lower in micro accounts
    http://www.100forexbrokers.com/stp-ecn-brokers

#12     Jan 26, 2010
  3. I could copy&paste equally nasty fineprint from ecns (hotspot or IB). Noone is liable for anything, and - of course - if the firm servers or 'the internet' has a hickup, its the traders problem.

I doubt anyone can come up with fineprint that sounds appealing, i have read quite a few and they all sound horrible (doesn't matter if its fx or futures firm really).

#13     Jan 27, 2010
  4. Rimping

Rimping

I made tons of money trading with Oanda. For my style of trading it is perfect.

#14     Jan 27, 2010

5. True. Just for fun, read your home or auto insurance policy, from start to finish.:eek:

#15     Jan 27, 2010
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

wow. really. no shit. call the president.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#16     Jan 27, 2010
  7. mr.az

mr.az

#17     Feb 4, 2010
  8. Iltis

Iltis

i think for beginners oanda is the best, with low spread

#18     Feb 4, 2010
  9. Iltis

Iltis

Yes, thats the best solution. Others are Ninja Trader with zenfire for profi Traders.

#19     Feb 11, 2010
  10. mr.az

mr.az

zen-fire?

forex? :confused:

#20     Feb 11, 2010