oanda needs new platform

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by marketsurfer, Jul 16, 2006.

1. may i suggest that OANDA adopt a platform similar to the GFT dealbook. the dealbook is a great retail platform,and OANDA is a great retail dealer with a terrible platform. looks like a match made in heaven.......

surf

2. surf,

I guess you have made this decision after using it for a while. I use EVERY feature in the Oanda platform...and it is just awesome..

Tell me where you can find a sortable exposure tab like in Oanda? ...or the detail account summary that they provide?

You got the one click trading from the chart if that is what you need...

I look at the other platforms and do not see what is missing or what I am missing..

Could you be more specific on what dealbook presents (other than trailing stops).

Michael B.

3. Its all there surf...keep looking.

4. Only thing I want from Oanda, is better charts. 4 hour timeframe on the charts would be great because that is what I use on meta-trader. More data from the past in the charts would be great as well.

The platform is okay. If I use Meta-trader and Oanda alongside each other, then it is perfect, but since I'm only on demo, I just use Meta-trader since it's easier just to click on the desktop icon and be there.

Oanda is great, but a 4 hour timeframe and improved charts would be the icing on the cake.

I want to open an account with Oanda, because tighter spreads and no minimum. I want to open an account with FXDD because of meta-trader. Just so confused. I'm not going to be scalping though, so it doesn't really matter which I pick since I know both are good companies.

Oh yeah, trailing stops are a feature I would like to see in Oanda's platform.

ES, you don't use charts though. So.... I know you love the platform. :cool:

5. Hey...

wouldn't it be kewl for you chartists if there was a platform with open architecture...

Like being able to type in any increment you want like this:

1M
    1H
    1D
    1W
    1Mo

or and several digit combo..from 0-9....

just an idea..

6. no jm..

you cannot set up your indicators on a 1032M chart :)

and overlay a 537D on it...

7. Gah!!! Just gimme a 4-day chart and a 50 and 200 SMA on it and I'll be happy. It's how I got that 1,500 gain on the EUR/AUD.

[​IMG]

Seems to work well on most of the pairs.

I was screwing around with Vista when I was messing with Meta-trader to see if it worked.

One thing is for sure, I definately have more respect for the Forex markets as I learned more about it. I just shouldn't have got started with FXCM and should have been trading on a longer timeframe instead of the 1 minute when I first started.