Oanda down??????

Discussion in 'Forex' started by old dog, Jun 21, 2006.

1. TRS

TRS

Same here.

Have not been able to log in from Australia for the last 5 hours.

First time this has occurred. It is frustrating!

#11     Jun 21, 2006
  2. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Working fine here in the US.

#12     Jun 21, 2006
  3. It all depends. I'm in the US, and my platform disconnected sometime between 9 pm last night and 3 am ET. Couldn't connect or even browse to oanda.com, from different PCs and different browsers. Ran a traceroute (tracert fx.oanda.com) and, sure enough, it hangs up with a "Request Timed Out" around Telluride, CO. Of course, ping fails as well.

My first thought was that a bunch of hackers (covertly financed by FXCM :D) had successfully launched a DOS (denial of service) attack against Oanda's servers. On a slightly less far-fetched / more serious note, customer service confirms that they've been receiving sporadic reports from various global locations, users also unable to go to oanda.com.

I finally logged in around 6:30 am. Even though this is extremely rare for Oanda, this only confirms the necessity of having accounts with multiple dealers, as I do. Then this becomes no more than a temporary, minor problem, allowing you to keep your focus on trading essentially as usual.

#13     Jun 21, 2006
  4. TRS

TRS

Hedging brokers, or for an emergency...save me arse stoppie.

#14     Jun 21, 2006
  5. geraldmun

geraldmun

I have not been logged into the demo or real account as well as oanda site this morning . Originally I have got my account with
    FXCM and have been searching for some relatively good retailer for FX .

At this time I just prepared to make initial deposit into my new account with Oanda.

But todays performance and service with Oanda platform makes
    me puzzling and one reason for me to quit FXCM is the stability of their platform . Just like this in Oanda ,

Choosing a good and reliable broker seems not so easy/

#15     Jun 21, 2006
  6. tcm66

tcm66

I am in Baltimore, MD, USA ---- unable to log in to Oanda FXTrade or access Oanda forum or bring up Oanda.com --- since 7 AM today. First time in past year this has happened for all 3 sites at same time in my experience with Oanda.

If anyone unable to log-in suddenly becomes able, please post whatever info you have --- thanks.

P.S. I also use 2 other FX MMs for this very reason (plus funds security issue).

#16     Jun 21, 2006
  7. bl33p

bl33p

There must be a bottleneck with some certain major carrier as Oanda's been just fine all day here.

#17     Jun 21, 2006
  8. bl33p

bl33p

9. exiaol

exiaol

I'm here in Houston, Texas. Oanda platform went out on me in the middle of the night (around 1:00AM central time). Tried everything but can’t get it to work. About an hour later, I was able to log on again. However, after a while it went out again. Tried again this morning, still can’t log on and can’t get access to the Oanda Forums. During this whole time, I can get access to FX Games (via a bookmarked link) and all the other web sites without any problem.

Suddenly it hit me, why not give dail-up a try? Sure enough, it worked. Something is defiantly wrong at the Oanda end.

#19     Jun 21, 2006
  10. BankBank

BankBank

so your broadband connection doesn't connect to oanda but your dial-up connection does connect to oanda

yep, definitely problem on their end

:confused:

#20     Jun 22, 2006