Oanda disconnects

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Esteban, Jan 3, 2008.

1. *sigh*

#51     Jan 18, 2008
  2. I'm not a cheerleader. I have no personal stock in Oanda, nor could I care less if you use them or not. So don't spout off nonsense.

What I do is I call things how I see them. I have several hundred grand with them (not huge, but not peanuts) and I have traded with them for several years now. There is no scam with Oanda, regardless of what you claim. And as for reliable words go, I like to think that there are many on this forum who I've known for quite some time that trust my perspective.

So, to sum up - disconnects with their platform around news time DOES indeed occur, and I hate it. I complain here and on their forums about it. But I've said many a time before that scalpers like yourself (your words, not mine) have a bad time with Oanda because the spreads during news times grow and fluctuate. That doesn't bother me because I know better than to try to scalp news times. Oanda probably does this because traders like you are traders they don't want. And I don't blame them.

But all your other complaints are just bullshit. Sorry if that offends you. Because if it does, you should consider not posting bullshit.

#52     Jan 18, 2008
  3. And that's your average Oanda client for ya, in fact he's probably above average so you can imagine what the rest are like!

'nuff said :)

#53     Jan 18, 2008
  4. It is not that easy to offend me, Ivanovich :) You have to be intelligent to offend me and if You do, I'm grateful then. I still think that either You are not wise enough, either You work for Oanda, either both (probably)! :D

I'm more touched by that ironic 'sigh' of CableTrader! ;(( World is brutal but anyhow, we will all die and the grief comes to an and finally :) (or maybe not??!)

Cable, I hope that besides Your irony stands understanding and a little bit of emotional manhood :) That's why You didn't call my speech a bullshit? Huh? Does not matter, there are millions of people like You and not many people like me, guy. :cool:

But what did You mean that 20-30 pips is an average? You mean an average distance to the limits, don't You?
    Or do You mean that You make it on average, from, let's say 100 trades? :D

#54     Jan 18, 2008
  5. :confused:

On second thoughts forestgril you have all the qualifications necessary to be an Oanda client, and then some :)

Now, good trading*/scalping*/guessing*/feeling*/judging*, and good luck!

*delete as appropriate

#55     Jan 18, 2008
  6. Cable, being a client of Oanda is not that bad, unless You somehow manage to make the profit with them.

I do not think that catching the spikes 50 times a day is worse than 5 bigger trades a day. Both are just speculation and in 95% bring nothing but liquidity for the market or money for the broker (nothing good for anyone else until You want to give the money for some non-egositic purpose)

But if You make profit on 570 of Your 1000 trades or simply make bigger profit than losses in these 1000 trades and the standard deviations of Your profit, loss and average trade are on Your side, then You are the one to laugh in the end.

You know, the only reason I like Oanda are their 5sec charts with inter-pip pricing. Even if You make one trade a day, it is important in a longer scale to put it in the right place. I already know, that the detailed structure of these 5-sec charts may be important during next minutes, and may even mean a 50pip profit. So tick charts are important for me. You use CMC or something like that? On the real account? For how long?

#56     Jan 18, 2008
  7. Not trying to offend you at all. I could care less who you trade with, when you trade, how you trade or anything else about you. But if you come to this forum and make incorrect statements about me or something I am very much in tune with, I will tell you how wrong you are.

And you're wrong. On just about all your points.

#57     Jan 18, 2008
  8. Ok. I can not be sure that You work for them, so I am sorry for possibly incorrect statements adressing You. If You were the one to work for them this way, I then would have to call You a f*ckin bastard not worth a word speaking to but just kicking in the ass and spitting on, because a lot of people starting the play with real money are naive and are being cheaten. But unless I cannot be sure.... I'm sorry.

From now on then I make no such assumptions on You and only assume, that You were somehow simply lucky or something concerning Your Oanda experience.

Let me repeat - their constant and very often disconnections are incredibly pissing off. I've also read about a trader, which account was suspended (no connection at all), when he became profitable. The only thing that helped was changing IP adress! Interesting, is it not?

#58     Jan 18, 2008
  9. Oh well there you go, you've got it licked, go get 'em!

#59     Jan 18, 2008
  10. If changing an IP address helped your connection, then one of the below is true:

1. Your new IP came with a new internet provider, thereby giving you a better route to Oanda's servers.

2. Your new IP was routed differently through DNS servers, thereby giving you a better route to Oanda's servers.

3. Coincidence.

And just because you've "read" about a trader who "claims" he was disconnected because he was profitable, doesn't mean it's true. There are crazy people everywhere claiming all sorts of things. That doesn't make it true.

You are obviously connecting from far away. I'm making this assumption because your English is...well, let's say less than clear. Nothing wrong with that, but you need to understand that the internet (depending on where you're coming from) is unreliable sometimes.

I'm going to guess Asia or Eastern Europe. Am I wrong?

#60     Jan 18, 2008