Oanda disconnects

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Esteban, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Oh eh, they don't call me Cabletrader the Photoshop King for nothing, I've got trophies :D

#21     Jan 4, 2008
  2. ROFLMAO!!!!! DId you catch a nice portion of that USDCAD reversal... :)

On that subject, during that spike, my spread maxed at 3 pips, now it's back to the usual 2 pips.

Gotta love it. :)

#22     Jan 4, 2008
  3. I do know better. It's never happened to me, nor anyone I know trading with Oanda. But it supposedly happened to you. Imagine that.

#23     Jan 4, 2008
  4. I didn't say it was photoshopped. What I said was it could have been latency to the Oanda server. That's a problem that HAS been happening on Oanda, which is why during news times I only use limit orders.

You guys can whine all you want, doesn't bother me. I certainly don't work at Oanda. But if a prospective client is looking for a market maker in FX, they should read the broker reviews and make up their own mind. Not listen to a bunch of yentas spout half-truths.

#24     Jan 4, 2008
  5. I never said you did. :)

#25     Jan 4, 2008
  6. No-one's whining apart from you, we're just happy we don't trade at Oanda and we're appreciating and celebrating the efficiency of our respective brokers compared to other brokers such as Oanda.

Ivanovich, you kinda shoot yourself in the foot. By your own admission clients trading with Oanda can expect to experience disconnections during news, latency, and laughably wide spreads. Now that may be normal for you but I can assure you it's far from normal and those are not things which any self-respecting trader with any common sense let alone experience would put up with for very long.

I think you'll find the Oanda cheerleading section is over here http://fxtrade.oanda.com/resources/forums.shtml, you'll be in the excellent company of likeminded (albeit misguided) individuals!

#26     Jan 4, 2008
  7. No, I had my hands full with trading Cable, Eur/Usd, and Usd/Jpy, I'm not too good at multitasking :)

Did you catch it? Nice work if you did!

God I love this business, it sure beats working for a living!

#27     Jan 4, 2008
  8. Grabbed it for 75 pips. As fortunate programming would have it, my system actually called it for me...

#28     Jan 4, 2008
  9. Coinz, is that you?

By my own admission, I'm stating what problems Oanda does have. Connectivity during 1st tier news releases tends to be problematic on occasion. One such occasion was today. I have had no problems with spreads being different as you claim. As for the spread history, that's on Oanda's site. If you prefer a better broker with lower spreads, that is your right. I can find lower spreads too. I can also find 400:1 margin offered as well. We make sacrifices on certain aspects in order for things like reputation, honorable practices, etc.

No broker - none - has no problems and offers a perfect environment or platform for everyone. If one such broker existed, it would have all the business, right? It's no accident that Oanda's approval level on this site is 80 or so percent, and you're one of the 20% claiming otherwise. The numbers speak for themselves. The broker also has no complaints against it or rulings by the NFA, etc. It also has the capital needed to make people like me feel secure. All in all, in the Forex Market Maker world, it is a good choice. You have the right to offer a differing opinion.

Regardless, I think any sane and intelligent individual reading this thread will know the difference between what you're claiming and what is reality.

I'll give you the last word.

#29     Jan 4, 2008
  10. I'll take the last word...

20 point spreads are unacceptable under any circumstances. 'Nuff said.....

#30     Jan 4, 2008