Oanda disconnects

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Esteban, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Hey giles117

Same here, and on CMC (the inset quotes in the pic 13/15 and 40/43) fills no problem, but then I was probably the only one buying dollars on the spike which could have something to do with it :)

Contrarian or just plain crazy, ah what's the odds, I made some dough!

#11     Jan 4, 2008
  2. I was wondering what the foreground platform was. :D I had oanda for all of 30 days. LOL. Hated it... I was waffling between using IB and Oanda, figured I'd just use IB for futures and tackle Oanda. RAN back to IB for FOREX...

#12     Jan 4, 2008
  3. I've just run the video back, they widened spreads as well as quoting way way off market God love 'em!

Commission free trading, transparency, and a level playing field? Ummm, yeah, ok :)

Check out these spreads!

(The time in the bottom right corner is GMT, EST +5)

[​IMG]

#13     Jan 4, 2008
  4. I'm going to give IB another shot, I gave up on them too quick and stayed with CMC but I need the fund manager facility which CMC don't have unfortunately.

But people love Oanda, have you read their forum lately, it's packed with satisfied punters who don't know any better by the look of some of the posts! I'll say this for them, they're great with the sales pitch and hype, and the "Forex Traders Bill of Rights", it's a hoot!

#14     Jan 4, 2008
  5. WOW that spread on the GBP.USD was insane. IB's max spread during news was 2.5 pips. avg was 1.5 pips

#15     Jan 4, 2008
  6. Oh give it a rest. I've used Oanda for 4 years now with no problems outside the connection issue previously stated that occurs during news times. What you most likely experienced was a latency issue during the same time (not surprised). Stop making them out to be crooks. I trade a mid-level 6 figure account there and they have NEVER cheated me. Not once. There have occasionally been erroneous quotes that have caused issues, but they have corrected each and every one.

Point out problems that exist. Don't make up other stuff with delusional motives existing behind the scenes.

#16     Jan 4, 2008
  7. Yup, just crazy.

This is what I like about CMC, I've been with them for years and always get instant fills even right on NFP, and their spreads stay fixed 3 pips on Cable, no commish

Ok, if I was selling dollars on that number it might have been a different story, as it was I was buying dollars at 1.9840 and 1.4813 and probably providing a bit of liquidity for them :)

It's kinda a good relationship!

#17     Jan 4, 2008

8. Screenshots speak for themselves, latency my ass!

If you're trading a 'mid-level 6 figure account' for 4 years then I would have thought you would know better, evidently not.

#18     Jan 4, 2008
  9. You're right. He did a GREAT job Photoshopping that image....

#19     Jan 4, 2008
  10. Oh my God, I just read my posts, I sound like a CMC rep!

#20     Jan 4, 2008