Oanda connection

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by davidmaria1, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Oanda and CMC, "thats all i want and need" so I guess we're both happy......that just leaves your alter egos :D

I just realized something, you started out as entertainment for me and you just got terribly boring.

Cheerio :p

#51     Apr 28, 2009
  2. JDL

JDL

:D you was my funny boy for me, you just told the real story.

#52     Apr 28, 2009
  3. Here we go again....

#53     Jun 4, 2009
  4. I'm not surprised. I used to be a big Oanda advocate, but they've just become crap. That's why I yanked my money out.

#54     Jun 4, 2009
  5. Desktop login is inop, as is login thru the website...

[​IMG]

#55     Jun 4, 2009
  6. All I wanted to do was close a profitable trade.
    Must have offended someone.

#56     Jun 4, 2009
  7. The platform has been down since 2 am.

#57     Jun 4, 2009
  8. Appears to be up again.
    I've never said this before, but I'll consider another broker.
    I don't have huge money, but I prefer to keep what I have.

#58     Jun 4, 2009
  9. lol, so it's all your fault!!!!

Actually this isn't funny, it happened yesterday and now today, in fact this reminds me of the bad old days when suspiciously every NFP the platform would crash.

I'm not into conspiracies but it makes you wonder if this is Oanda's way of addressing the NFA rule about price corrections which comes into force next week I believe. Right on high volatility the platform goes down, nearly to the exact second.

If it's not intentional then it's outright incompetence or lack of re-investment into new architecture, I've got 3 platforms up here plus Oanda's, all the others are rock solid and I can't remember the last time they went off for more than 5 or 10 seconds.

Ivan if you're around how are you getting on with your new broker, any good?

What a fucking nightmare, I've got 23 clients accounts on FXManager, trying to move that lot, open accounts, POA's, fund transfers from Oanda back to clients then to a new broker, plus the inconvenience........bollox!

Edit....just back on now volatility has gone, but at least they filled my orders, when it went off I didn't know if I'd been filled or not, came back to profit plus slippage, my TP on Eur/Usd was only 15 pips, lol, every cloud etc etc :)

[​IMG]

#59     Jun 4, 2009
  10. I had a 100 pip gain dwindle pretty quickly, placing a stop and heading off for the day. The store comes first, still.:)
    Maybe I'll try one of them new-fangled trailerstopthingies...

#60     Jun 4, 2009