Oanda connection

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by davidmaria1, Nov 18, 2008.

1. See what happen when you use lagging indicators!:D Sorry I couldn't help.
    Seriously a few buddies use Oanda every day. Oanda is the best MM there is. I am just dabbling in fx and watching their spreads against Dukascopy they are extremely close except during news.

#21     Apr 23, 2009
  2. How are you logging in, are you using FX Desktop?

I see on their forums other people are having connection problems as well but it looks like Oanda are trying to resolve the issues.

If you need to close open trades try logging into the mobile platform, that seems to work through anything!

#22     Apr 24, 2009

3. LOL well never mind, don't cry about it, if you spend a little more time learning how to trade instead of signing up with a new ET alias every day you might get somewhere :D

#23     Apr 24, 2009
  4. You work for the help desk of Oanda ?

#24     Apr 24, 2009

5. He is too helpfull to be a trader

#25     Apr 24, 2009
  6. Don't you mean I'm too helpful to work on the Oanda Helpdesk :D

8 bucks? Come on they're not that tight, $8.50......plus medical!

#26     Apr 25, 2009

7. How are you logging in, are you using FX Desktop?

I see on their forums other people are having connection problems as well but it looks like Oanda are trying to resolve the issues.

If you need to close open trades try logging into the mobile platform, that seems to work through anything!

#27     Apr 25, 2009
  8. On the day in question everyone was having problems. The FXTrade desktop, web-based and mobile interfaces were all timing out.

Here's the official answer from Oanda on what happened:

[​IMG]

#28     Apr 25, 2009
  9. Come on, this is deliberate. Oanda is okay, but they are still a bucket shop.

#29     Apr 25, 2009
  10. Deliberate? lol, hardly, lost trades equal lost revenue for them.

Bucket shop? Sure, and your point is.......

#30     Apr 25, 2009