OANDA cheating ?!

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by NickBarings, May 19, 2005.

1. Hayek

Hayek

How large can the spreads vary to, for example for trade balance and nfp?

#41     Jun 12, 2005
  2. virgin

virgin

Misha7,

The people behind Oanda are academics .

I trade SIZE with them and never had
    any issues.

Maybe just open an account and see
    for yourself..

Have a look at their fund ;

www.olseninvest.com

Top notch I would say (more than
    50 million dollars under management)

And no, I am not affliated with them
    in any way, like Globalfxllc(banned
    now) was saying all the time.

#42     Jun 12, 2005
  3. That's nothing but the effect of competition, trying to capture market shares by lowering your profit margin.

Max$
    competition economist

#43     Jun 12, 2005

4. If they don't hedge in the interbank market, where does the interest rate payment comes from? They pay it for fun???

They pay (or charge) it because they have to pay (or receive) it too, because... THEY HEDGE!!!!!!

#44     Jun 12, 2005
  5. I don't get why would anyone get in the trouble of building an internet software and invest big money just to screw little pathetic internet day traders.

Angry customers means you'll lose your buisness. So if you want to enter the "internet people screwing" buisness, you got to invest very little money to be worth it!

Like, open a web site that advertise miraculous plants that grows in the desert of africa and makes women's butt tinner! You'll make far more money that way!!!

#45     Jun 12, 2005
  6. and if you lose money trading, BE A MAN AND BLAME IT ON YOURSELF, NOT ON THE BROKER!!!

I'm so sick of these babies.

Can we close this tread now? :)

#46     Jun 12, 2005
  7. misha7

misha7

They're gonna make you pay rollover no matter what their risk management strategy is. And you are a complete waste of bandwidth.

#47     Jun 13, 2005
  8. There is no rollover at Oanda...Its merely an interest payment or deduction at 17:00 est...no change in prices of your pairs...

#48     Jun 13, 2005
  9. misha7

misha7

Well this is the same as rollover, just called differently. There are plenty of firms that call it rollover and it operates exactly the same way you describe, with no change in the price of the pairs. I was told the NFA are generally not too happy with the use of the word 'interest' in these cases but that's a different story...

#49     Jun 13, 2005
  10. I think it is more the IRS..as that is the only year-end computer generated report they can computer crosscheck....

#50     Jun 13, 2005