Oanda - Can anyone explain this?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by MickMason, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Two different Oanda FXTrade live accounts on the same computer using two different browsers, Gbp/Usd and Usd/Jpy are showing different quotes :confused:

[​IMG]

2. The different rates are on the symbols with the green arrow next to it. Meaning those quotes just changed. FXTrade receives data every x seconds, so what happened was that the FXTrade instances for the different accounts are updating at slightly different times, and showing those quotes. If they were in synch you would see the same prices. If you run the same account on 2 different computers you will see the same thing as in your snapshot.

You will also notice sometimes you get a green or red arrow but price stays the same. What that means is that the price has changed and changed back between the time the last quote was updated and the current quote was updated.

The true test is when the market is still, do the quotes list the same numbers on both accounts. From my experience this is the case and so I conclude that Oanda isn't individually pricing its clients.

3. Yup sounds plausible, thanks Patrick.

What aroused my suspicion was the fact I had a short Cable trade on the bottom account which is used mainly for scalping.

Probably just me getting paranoid after GFT's antics!

:)

4. I've noticed the same thing with Oanda on two different computers and concluded the same thing.

5. thoams

thoams

huge tip to anyone with Oanda as their broker:

They've now got a "yahoo widget"! unintrusive widget engine from yahoo.com, lots of useful little things for your desktop.

the fxtrade widget allows the easiest possible access to my account.

but thats just my tuppence.

6. cfets

cfets

yahoo or google desktop ?

7. thoams

thoams

Not anything to do with google desktop, which *IS* an evil data miner, Yahoo Widgets Engine allows you to create like...a HUD for your desktop. Stocktickers, weather info, cpu monitor, wifi signal monitor... clean install of YWE comes with a good bunch of them and there are loads of other 'widgets' out there, very useful.