OANDA bought out by CVC Capital Partners

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mlawson71, May 8, 2018.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

The forex broker OANDA will come under new ownership as shareholders accepted an offer for from a wholly-owned subsidiary of CVC Capital Partners (CVC) Asia Fund IV to acquire all of the outstanding equity. The deal is pending regulatory approval.

CVC Capital Partners is a globally oriented private equity and investment advisory firm, founded in 1981. In total, CVC currently manages c.$70 billion of assets.

The process of buying out companies like OANDA often takes years and so far there is no indication what the new owner plans to do with the broker.

2. dealmaker

dealmaker

Considering how private equity industry has behaved IE solely concentrating on cost cutting, this does not bode well for OANDA users...

VPhantom and mlawson71 like this.
  3. mlawson71

mlawson71

I was thinking the same. Time will tell, I guess.

4. Sig

Sig

My thoughts as well. A company that uses good customer service and transparency to differentiate themselves and PE ownership doesn't seem like a good match for either. Good on the founders for getting to cash out though, one of the few honest players in this market.

VPhantom likes this.
  5. wjk

wjk

6. mlawson71

mlawson71

Ah, they are turning to cryptocurrencies then. This is absolutely unsurprising, actually.

7. Maybe Oanda are not fools and will not lose customers and reputation due to the deterioration of the service. They know what they are doing. Maybe it's a way out to a new market.I do not really know.

8. mlawson71

mlawson71

That's the best case scenario. Time will tell.