Oanda - Add Your SCAM SCREENS Here

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by forestgril, May 4, 2008.

1. And here's another, it looks like you were stopped out perfectly legitimately....like I said before when you got stopped out at a previous low, have your stop above/below the previous high/low, not at it! Except for your poor stop placement they would both have been good trades.

[​IMG]

#31     May 7, 2008
  2. You tell me?! :D

I have plenty of such good trades a day :p (on different pairs)

I just knew it will go down, so I have quickly reentered, as You may see on the screen.

#32     May 7, 2008
  3. So for the sake of giving your original trade that extra few pips room above the previous high it cost you a stop and a spread......

#33     May 7, 2008
  4. Again, I haven't kept my eye on info releases! If not the info, I would not be stopped.

Tell me, please. Where do You check for info releases time? Bloomberg will be enough?

------------

After telling You, how many good trades a day I have... today I have lost more than 10% of capital from the maximum :(

I have to remember, especially after series of good trades, that a humiliating loss is just around the corner....

#34     May 7, 2008
  5. Why don't you just get rid of your stops since they seem to be the cause of all your troubles?

I'm not familiar with that min/max chart but the spread goes to 10 on the E/U during most major news releases, which appears to be the event that stopped you out.

#35     May 7, 2008
  6. I knew it already.

I dont think, that having no stop-losses is a good idea. Sometimes a catastrophy may happen, and You will have no time to react. But moving a stop loss 20 pips higher or lower during info would be prudent. I would just like to know, where to find out about when the info is released.

Bloomberg seems to show only Americas-related info.

#36     May 7, 2008
  7. cstfx

cstfx

#37     May 8, 2008
  8. Your stop wasn't triggered by a news spike, it was hit because you put it in a stupid place.

If you want a calendar of scheduled events then click on 'Resources - Economic Calendar' on the platform, it's right in front of you for crissakes!

.....and if you lost more than 10% in one day then you're overleveraged and/or overtrading. Do you remember this post just a couple of months ago when you and your friend put in $500? You went to Oanda so you could use sensible money management. By last week you had 50 bux left and by the looks of it you have learned absolutely nothing from the experience!

Save what's left of your money and go find a job would be my advice, this business isn't for you and it will take every cent you put into it.

#38     May 8, 2008
  9. 1. Yes, it was becaue of news and the spread. Take a look at my screen and You will see.

2. Thanks! :D

3. I'm ashamed of it, but I will not hide:
    You couldn't believe what You saw (in the other thread) ! I was not left with 50 bucks.... but 5.59 Euro....

The fact, I lost 10% is because I am still overtrading. Especially if I have a series of good trades, I'm beginning to be overconfident and too unpatient to wait for "money laying on the street".

Also, that is my trading style. If I allow myself to loose 10% in a bad day is because I know I can make 20-100% on a good one.... if I do not overtrade.

3.5. All in all I don't have much to lose now, it is only practice. I am working on my PhD now, I have some spare time. If I haven't noticed ANY progress in the way I play, I wouldnt do it. Some say You need 3-5 years to be a good trader, and I started on October. I give myself time to the end of this year.

#39     May 8, 2008
  10. 3-5 years to what !?

It all depends on your goals as a trader.

Everybody on this forum and their grandmother start putting up terms and timeframes - "it takes you x years to "get it" !"

c'mon people... at least experienced traders know that "getting it" is just not the thing. the thing is "getting it" and then "making a living". Just by spending 3 years coming to a strategy that beats the market doesn't mean you are there.... Think about it!

#40     May 8, 2008