O.G. Trade Group

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Jackson3210, Jun 2, 2021.

1. N2M

N2M

I was looking for something like this, ill join. I trade volatility, vxx, uvxy, rules based programmed in python, trade with thinkorswim and ib. Im in toronto.. What you thinking? Whatsapp group?

N2M

#11     Jun 3, 2021
    destriero likes this.
  2. It always sounds like a great idea to get some traders together to exchange ideas, etc. but from experience I can tell you that it is extremely difficult to create a sustainable group.

#12     Jun 3, 2021

3. It's simple, it's because both parties(or everyone involved) have to actually be interested and both parties have to give each other some type of value for it to be sustainable.

Often you have people with a lot of capital and experience, just using the relationship to get some type of emotional value or a way to spend some of their down time, with no actual intention of building something. Than on the other hand you have people who are new and/or have no actual value to give to the more established people, they are just looking for some type of hand out or learn things for free.

A lot can be accomplished if both parties are serious, dedicated and form a plan. Most people make these groups and discuss things via text... that is not serious. Maybe for investing you can do that, for day trading futures text communication isn't taking things serious.

#13     Jun 3, 2021
    yc47ib, formikatrading and qlai like this.
  4. You can also have people with little capital or experience using it for some type of emotional / mental need rather than to make themselves a better trader. I actually booted someone from my trading room for that very reason.

#14     Jun 4, 2021
  5. Trading collaboration and groups looks like a good deal initially, don’t know how long it lasts though.

#15     Jul 2, 2021
    drmark27 likes this.
  6. easymon1

easymon1

It is a good idea.
    Know what you want.
    Know what you have to offer.
    If you find a match, rock on.

#16     Jul 2, 2021
  7. I actually never posted nor used this site too much when I was an independent, P/T trader, but once I went full time, I did, and another independent trader & I started loosely collaboration on ideas, sharing resources, etc; so its been pretty goo; much better than being a lone wolf. If there were more of all all pooling data and intel, who knows

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    #17     Jul 14, 2021
    easymon1 and N2M like this.