NZD/USD ... just got my head handed to me

Discussion in 'Forex' started by len979, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Don't trade based on media headlines

[​IMG]

#11     Jun 10, 2007
  2. nravo

nravo

Same media that was writing about DOW 50,000 a few years ago.

#12     Jun 10, 2007
  3. nonam

nonam

"Same media that was writing about DOW 50,000 a few years ago."

No.Not the same media.

Like someone else said.NZ commodity exports expected to fetch high values.Fonterra,a huge dairy company,increasing its payout to farmers.Larger farms to get up to 120k more income.This is expected to work its way through the economy and may cause some inflation.
    Probably hard for people with a "service" economy to understand,but farmers are still the backbone of the NZ economy.

#13     Jun 10, 2007

4. Ok then I found a great way to invest....Do opposite of what semi-retarded one subject manupallating media tells you to do.

Now a days its invest into alternative energy...we have to wait year or two until this global warming issue will be forgotten and then maybe jump in.

#14     Jun 10, 2007
  5. I live in Canada and if you look at USDCAD, it is appreciating against the USD as well. It is currently trading at 1.0606 on June 10, 2007 and the bankers here are saying it is going to parity by the end of 2007.

Although I would like to be contrarian to what bankers say, if they're collectively not going to step in front of the trend, then I think it's unwise for us traders to do it.

For a short term (1-5 day) swing trade, I can see it worthwhile to short the NZD and CAD, but if the bankers and the economy is saying the NZD is going to .80, and the CAD is going to parity, then I wouldn't take a large position in it until the trend truly breaks or those targets are reached.

#15     Jun 10, 2007
  6. nravo

nravo

The Kiwi is usually lumped with the Loonie and the Aussie as a commodity currency. But, frankly, I see where the Aussie and the Loonie and getting their strength. Simply put -- these counties are mining pits for the developing world. It's a trade balance story. End of story. But the Kiwi? The world can live without its meager exports. Their boom in the Kiwi has been driven by the carry trade (macro) and a housing boom (micro). Which currencies would you chase higher?

#16     Jun 10, 2007
  7. The amusing thing about this is that you're behaving like the merchant bankers and predicting.

Predict, predict, predict.

Build your ego by deciding that there is money in mining but none in wine and food. For most predictors the big one, the ego graitifier, is to predict the end of the trend. I'm Soros!

But for those of us who're traders, the money comes from extracting bucks from the trend. The thread is almost a classic lesson in what not to do if you want to be a good trader.

Enjoy. Learn if you're ready. :)

#17     Jun 10, 2007
  8. So much for Kiwi going to 80. RBNZ just stomped on it.

#18     Jun 11, 2007
  9. And that the way...ahaha ...ahaha ...I like it...

Not really I just like trends to be violent.

#19     Jun 11, 2007
  10. BJL

BJL

Have you seen the trade numbers for Australia?

#20     Jun 11, 2007